Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Porsche 1967 911S

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    The problem is finding the decos. Nearly impossible.

Wife and I happened across an orange 67s that is about to be listed for sale. Very nice car overall. The owners rep said they just bought (and installed) the side decos...paid $4800. For reference we were told that the car will be listed for $150,000. http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/cars.php

I have seen Pauls car and even in its current dismantled state it really is gorgeous. That color makes the car look alive.
    Well then, I guess I've got a good barometer for my new product pricing!

The originals are on the top (NOS deco and original rubber), and below is my new prototype rubber extrusion and the extruded aluminum deco. I've still have to finish having the ends "turned". I still don't have a date on this as the rubber is probably a month away, and I'm awaiting a finished aluminum deco to "approve" for production.

Keep ya posted!

E
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Well then, I guess I've got a good barometer for my new product pricing!

The originals are on the top (NOS deco and original rubber), and below is my new prototype rubber extrusion and the extruded aluminum deco. I've still have to finish having the ends "turned". I still don't have a date on this as the rubber is probably a month away, and I'm awaiting a finished aluminum deco to "approve" for production.

Keep ya posted!

E
    Awesome Erik...sign me up...I'll be your Beta test

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

308431 . . .

VIN = 308431
    Eng# = 962073
    Trans# = 105067
    Prod# = ?

Now, here . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fen3 View Post
    . . . The (one) below (in Bahama Yellow) was just listed . . '.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911s-coupe-13/ . . .
    '. . . This 1967 Porsche 911S is a short-wheelbase coupe that was completed on June 19, 1967 finished in Bahama Yellow over black leatherette with Pepita cloth seat inserts. The car was purchased in Germany by an American serviceman, who subsequently had it imported to the US in 1974. It spent several years in Texas before a refurbishment was initiated during the 1990s. Work included a repaint in the factory color, reupholstering the interior, and refinishing the 15×4.5″ Fuchs wheels. The numbers-matching 2.0L flat-six and five-speed manual transaxle were also overhauled before the current owner acquired the car last year in an incomplete state. The selling dealer notes that the project was completed later in 2020. This 911S is now offered on consignment in Emeryville, California, with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, a German registration card from 1967, records from the 1970s and 1980s, and a clean California title.

Finished from the factory in Bahama Yellow (6605), the car was disassembled and repainted during previous ownership in the 1990s. The finish and trim are pictured up close in the gallery below, and a walk-around video can be viewed here.

Exterior equipment includes front fog lights, dual sideview mirrors, and 911S-specific side trim in addition to a manually operated, collapsable antenna. European-market lighting is retained, and yellow French-style headlight lenses have been added.

The 15×4.5” Fuchs alloy wheels have been refinished and wear Continental Eco Plus tires, sized 185/65. A spare steel wheel is housed in the front compartment. The suspension and brakes are said to have been overhauled and incorporate four-wheel ventilated discs, Koni shock absorbers, and a rear anti-roll bar.

The cabin has been reupholstered in the factory combination of black leatherette with Pepita cloth inserts, charcoal carpeting, and an ivory headliner. Interior equipment includes a single Recaro sport seat for the driver along with headrests, black lap belts, vent windows, a Webasto heater, a Blaupunkt radio, and basketweave dash fascia trim accented with aluminum trim strips.

A leather-rimmed, four-spoke steering wheel wears a “bat wing” horn button and frames green-letter VDO instrumentation. The centrally mounted tachometer features a 7,300-rpm redline and is flanked by a 150-speedometer and clock along with combination gauges for oil pressure, oil temperature, and oil/fuel levels. The five-digit odometer shows just over 33k miles, though true mileage is unknown.

The 2.0-liter 901/02 flat-six was rebuilt during previous ownership and is equipped with an aluminum crankcase and dual Weber downdraft carburetors. Factory-rated output was 160 horsepower at 6,600 rpm, achieved by use of a 9.8:1 compression ratio, forged light-alloy pistons, larger valves, and revised camshaft profiles. A red fan shroud and steel air box are retained, and a stainless steel muffler and heat exchangers have been added.

Power is sent to the rear wheels through a Type 901/2 five-speed manual transaxle that features a dogleg shift pattern. Additional underbody photos are included in the gallery . . .

Case stamping *962073* is pictured above matches the engine number listed on the CoA. Transaxle stamping 105067 is shown in the gallery and also matches the CoA.

A German Kraftfahrzeugbrief registration card from 1967 is included in the sale and pictured above. Import documentation and service records document the carÂ’s history from 1973 to 1988 and can be reviewed in the gallery. A driving video featuring this first-year 911S is presented
    . . .'

(Not mine)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes