Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: NOS parts for 67S (euro-spec) restoration

WTB: NOS parts for 67S (euro-spec) restoration

I'm restoring a 67S sunroof coupe (euro-spec) and need following NOS parts:

Turn signal assemblies w/ lens L/R euro-spec (complete).
    Tail light assemblies w/lens L/R euro-spec (complete).
    H-4 Headlight assemblies L/R euro-spec (complete).
    Front/rear bumper trim with rubber inserts.

Please contact Bill Zilk: 541-549-1921 or cwzilk@bendcable.com.

Bill

I am not aware of any euro 67S having H4's. If you know different I would like to know.
    These are the headlights on all the 67S cars I have seen (including my own)

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Restoration newbie.
    Mine has H4s, UK delivered.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well there you go, thanks Andy. Going to check my pictures.......

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

Here is text from a previous post

The first H4 lamps appiered in 1970 and Porsche used them on Rallye cars to find out if they will survive hard use ( That was a problem with the H3 bulbs )

Discuss......

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

The original units were Bosch and used a tungsten bulb. I believe that Bill is looking for the same light pictured by Mike (but not by Hella, he wants the Bosch unit), but wants to put an h-4 bulb into the assembly which is no problem.

My .02, which could be incorrect as I'm not answering the question being asked...

Here's an NOS Bosch unit that could take either the tungsten or h-3 bulb (same base for both is available). I'll be using these in one of my cars under restoration. I believe this is what Bill wants? An option is to go the route of getting a current set of the h-4's and putting the 356 Hella lens in them. I think there's a thread or two on that topic.

e
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Eric

That Bosch unit still looks to have the same chrome ring profile as my Hella units. An H4 unit with earlier lenses would have a different ring profile. Even though it would fit, the H4 ring has sharper contours and wouldn't be period correct. Am I wrong?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

Mike,
    I've got 3 sets of lights at my office:
    1) Lights pictured
    2) A set of Czech made 911 H-4's, but with the Bosch logo on the lens, so they are a few years old anyway.
    3) A set of SWB Bosch US type units.

All 3 appear to have the same shape trim ring, which does match yours as well. So, does the current trim ring come with sharper contours?... in that case I'm wrong and you can't go the way I mentioned.

Mike, are your units the Bosch units (I think they are) with Hella lenses? I always thought these to be interchangeable and that's the way I'm going to do it as I can't get Euro Bosch lenses any longer.

E

Eric

With apologies to Bill for hijacking his thread, but I am sure he wants to get the correct units......

I will have to get back to you on your questions by removing one of my lights but it is after 1 am here so will do it tomorrow. I was always sure mine were complete Hella units but you have planted the seeds of doubt......

Get back tomorrow,

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

I appreciate all your replys! I didn't think this would turn into such a controversial subject.

I guess the question remains; what is the correct headlight for a euro-spec 67S?

None of the resources I've researched so far have provided a definative answer to this question. I've found no reference to a "halogen" option for the 67S. According to Bret Johnson, Bosch produced a "new" halogen H1 for the 68S. No mention of the H4 until the 69S. It's my understanding that all 68S cars were euro-spec. with H1's that have 4 adjustment screws.

So, what about the 67S? Is it possible that Hella and Bosch both supplied a non-sealed beam unit with a single replaceable tungsten bulb which could also accept the later H4 halogen bulb?
    Mike's looks to be period correct - that's what I'm looking for! Hella or Bosch lenses are OK! Now, all I need is to find some! See start of this thread.
    Eric, do yours shown have tungsten or halogen bulbs?
    Bill
    Last edited by kliz; 05-24-2012 at 08:56 PM.