Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB: NOS parts for 67S (euro-spec) restoration

Rear screen demist tubes.

It's going to be hard to critic that resto. Looks superb. Credit to you.
    Have you got the side sill mouldings and correct Fuchs?
    Would it be too much to ask the vin for my database? Matching numbers? Original Irish green?

Lovely job.

Regards
    Mike

Edit. AlanUK does the red border stickers if you are needing the correct ones.
    I have some US lights from a 67S if you don't find what you are looking for.
    Last edited by 210bhp; 05-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by andrea70 View Post
    i think that Cliff speaks about the orange tubes.... that are in excellent conditions!
    Yes `rear window defrost tubes` to be more accurate...

Yes, the defroster tubes are the originals refurbished, as are the flapper valves. The only new are the flex ducts from the heat exchanger to valves.
    Car came to me with 6" Fuchs which I swapped for 5 correct 4.5" Fuchs which have been restored. Other than the parts wanted at the start of this thread, I think I have all bits and pieces to finish project. I hope! Experience warns that something will come up missing before this is all over. Actually, all your input to this thread may have helped me get a handle on my lighting issues. Thanks all!
    Car data:
    Vin #306438S w/ matching engine #960588 and trans # 103583 (901/02). Original color Irish Green 6606.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

What was the source for your heat exchangers?

Thanks

..what i have witnessed is that H1 was introduced somewhen in autum 67. early euro (my)68 cars had the same bilux bulp headlights as 67.

Quote Originally Posted by kliz View Post
    I appreciate all your replys! I didn't think this would turn into such a controversial subject.

I guess the question remains; what is the correct headlight for a euro-spec 67S?

None of the resources I've researched so far have provided a definative answer to this question. I've found no reference to a "halogen" option for the 67S. According to Bret Johnson, Bosch produced a "new" halogen H1 for the 68S. No mention of the H4 until the 69S. It's my understanding that all 68S cars were euro-spec. with H1's that have 4 adjustment screws.

So, what about the 67S? Is it possible that Hella and Bosch both supplied a non-sealed beam unit with a single replaceable tungsten bulb which could also accept the later H4 halogen bulb?
    Mike's looks to be period correct - that's what I'm looking for! Hella or Bosch lenses are OK! Now, all I need is to find some! See start of this thread.
    Eric, do yours shown have tungsten or halogen bulbs?
    Bill

the firt car to have h4 was the my72 mercedes 350 i think
    Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Mikael

So the Bosch headlight we know as the H4 was never available until 12/70. Can you confirm that is your understanding from your documentation?

This is what I had always taken to be fact until the start of this thread.

Regards
    Mike