Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possibly backdating an 88 carrera

Possibly backdating an 88 carrera

Anyone have any tips/ideas?

I have a rather odd idea for a quasi Paris-Dakar matte army green car that I can't get out of my head!

I'd love to see people's photos of 964's that have been hot rodded/backdated!

Thanks

Phil

Backdated 88 with 3.6

back in the day :
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    back in the day :
    Very nice! What year?

Here's my '88 backdated to a '71. 3.6L Cup motor with G50, lightened flywheel and RS Clutch. Full ERP suspension and backdated interior. Coolest Porsche ever as far as I'm concerned. Sold it to a guy who immediately cut it up and started over.

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by philt68 View Post
    Anyone have any tips/ideas?

I have a rather odd idea for a quasi Paris-Dakar matte army green car that I can't get out of my head!

I'd love to see people's photos of 964's that have been hot rodded/backdated!

Thanks

Phil
    They are called Singers
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Here's my '88 backdated to a '71. 3.6L Cup motor with G50, lightened flywheel and RS Clutch. Full ERP suspension and backdated interior. Coolest Porsche ever as far as I'm concerned. Sold it to a guy who immediately cut it up and started over.
    Whaaa?!?!?! That borders on criminal... stunning car. What could he possibly do to "improve" it?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Claims he saved 35lbs by welding the sunroof shut and removing the mechanicals. Gutted the interior to 'save additional weight'. The car made almost 290hp, so I always felt there was some room for creature comforts.

I'm in the process of backdating a mid-year car into an early high-hp hot rod right now. It's just finishing up at John Esposito's restoration shop. Other than the single battery tray, it's now difficult to tell it didn't start as an early 1970's car. I'm putting in all modern track suspension, but trying to soften the street ride by sticking with rubber as apposed to monoballs, and using adjustable sway bars, adjustable shocks, and 21/30 T-bars. The motor is just about finished: 3.4L, 10:5.1, twin plug, with 915 tranny. You can see it here on the Pelican thread...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-underway.html

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  111.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Coolest Porsche ever as far as I'm concerned.
    You are not alone Mike. Very cool car .... to ride .... and also I had the pleasure to drive. A Steve Silvermint car ...

Craig T ---- very nice project ... can't wait to see finished pics .... you're living the dream with craftsmen such as Esposito building your car ...
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Has anyone done a back date and changed the rockers so you can't tell it's a later car?
    72S, 72T now ST