Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PORTERFIELD Racing brake pads for S calipers

PORTERFIELD Racing brake pads for S calipers

These are for the S aluminum front calipers. Brand new pads. $60.00 shipped in US.
    Last edited by Longballa; 06-06-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    72S, 72T now ST

I'll buy them. Sent you a PM.

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

These are sold.
    72S, 72T now ST

Great pads, but you will find that they aren't ideal for street use. Mine need heat in them before they really acheive good stopping power. On a street car the brakes are often cold when needed in an emergency. These R4s have caused me a few 'heart in throat' moments on the street.

I'm with ibmiked on this one. I have the R4s pads in my front calipers and kind of assumed they stunk until I got the car all hot and bothered on a "spirited" drive. Totally a dual personality , massive stopping power once hot.

Kent
    Last edited by kentf14; 06-07-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I'm using the R4-S which is great for street and canyon runs. I find myself needing better tires then pads. In any case get them nice and hot

I've been planning on getting a set of pads also. So would the R-4S compound be considered by many to be street use friendly?. My 914 is dual purpose street and track. I'm pretty sure the R4-S would be suitable for the track, but want to be confident that for street use I should not have serious problems.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I just dug out the box for my pads. They are R-4S. They work pretty well when cool (i.e. you still have brakes and can stop). They just improve significantly when hot.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I've never used the R-4S pads on the track but I'm confident that they will do good on the track - I'm basing this from my downhill mountain runs with a few threshold braking points and many left foot braking. The pads did not fade on me. My issue was more on my tires not able to grip.

I put R4S's on a month ago before a DE. Make sure to follow the bedding instructions after installing. They worked great on the track, and great on the street too.