Thread: Engine & Restoration recommendations in S and SW Ontario

Engine & Restoration recommendations in S and SW Ontario

Looks like it has been a while since anyone provided updated info. Can people recommend a place for servicing a 1973 911S in/near London Ontario. We do have a Porsche dealer, but other suggestions ?

Also, since this car will be something I want to do a bare metal paint job, and maybe an engine rebuild in time, recommendations for those two services in the area ? Willing to go as far as Toronto for the major work. Or into Michigan (Port Huron is 50 minutes away).

NorthT,

My opinion is to send the car to who you want to restore it versus settling...... Shipping to a restorer might be the cheapest expense you have.....
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I want to send it to CPR, but I don't have an Am Ex Platinum card handy ! There have to be other people closer than the west coast who do similar work.

Probably one of the most gifted and knowlegble early 911 restoration experts is located in Toronto. By 'gifted' I mean he does everything (yes, everything) himself with the exception of putting on the paint. A genius with a photographic memory. I have his email contact and I think his phone number. I will send it over in a PM so you can do your own due diligence.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299