Thread: Hole for front mount on plastic tank...1973.

Hole for front mount on plastic tank...1973.

I need a good measurement for the hole in the front pan....where the front mount for a plastic tank bolts. Make sense??

Anyone have an original with the plastic tank they can measure for me??

Thanks!!!...
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

I don't have a measurement Aaron, even tho I have a Euro with the factory install I decided that there was no good place to measure from. Here's how I did it when installing that type tank in my other 72. I fit the tank into place and made sure all the sides were seated, I placed the front mount under the tank and after insuring I had it (the mount) sitting flat and exactly located to the tank, I marked the perimeter of the mount with tape. I removed the tank, positioned the mount via the tape, took a deep breath and drilled. Due to supreme technique and razor sharp measuring,,,,,or dumb luck!!!! it was right on.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yeah...I'll just do that....

Thanks Ed!!
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 37