Thread: Can you identify these? Plugs?

Can you identify these? Plugs?

I bought a 1970 911T this week. The car has been off the road for years. As I begin to look the car over, I saw these little round "things" in various places, and don't recall seeing them on other cars. I haven't tried messing with them yet....Do you know what they are?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Having grown up in the midwest I recognize those as plugs to fill the hole after rust proofing is sprayed in all the hollow panels. I can't imagine that being done in good ol California!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ziebart! King of rustproofing!

Thanks Ed....
    Being a California native, I've never had any experience with that....
    Maybe it is a good thing that this process was done...Maybe that helped preserve this one.
    The car has blue plates, so while it may have started out someplace else, it certainly seems to have been in California for over 30 years. Interesting.....
    In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter where the car started..... not everyone can be a California native
    The underside looks good though, and I'm happy about that...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Grew up and lived in Chicago. Ziebart! the infamous yellow plugs!

Was considered the gold standard for "rust proofing." In reality rust delaying! The roads were white with salt!!

Best Zebart story........dealer sent over a new 911 that the customer wanted Ziebarted before delivery.........the grunts at Ziebart drilled and attempted to treat the oil tank!!! Yikes!
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

member #1515
    it would be interesting to scope the inside of the treated areas to see if it worked.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

David
    since the car seems to have spent most of it's life in California...I'm not sure the results would be meaningful.

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2