Thread: Quick fuchs question

Quick fuchs question

So it turns out I have a 6 x 15 fuch with the 911.361.020.00 part # that take a spring center cap Vs 911.361.020.10 that takes the ring style cap. Is there any differenc in valuation between two types of wheels.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Yes there is, but much of the value also depends on the condition of the wheels.
    The xx10 wheels were also in the early clear anodized finish and later on all black.
    The xx00 wheels tend to go up in value lately.
    I would say the full black later is worth $100 and the early finish later model is worth $50 less than the 3 prong type. (But I expect that in a couple of years they would grow further apart and it currently already can be moree depending on condition of the wheel.)
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

The 00 is worth double over the 10.
    72S, 72T now ST

Scott,
    Thanks that is what I was thinking.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    The 00 is worth double over the 10.
    Serious question: why?

Having spent a considerable part of the last few weeks playing with examples of both, I can't see any difference other than center cap and date stamp. Neither is particularly rare. All things being equal, why is one worth twice the other?
    Terrence Dorsey

Quote Originally Posted by tpdorsey View Post

Having spent a considerable part of the last few weeks playing with examples of both, I can't see any difference other than center cap and date stamp. Neither is particularly rare. All things being equal, why is one worth twice the other?
    The 00 is more rare and you're paying more for that and the date stamp and 00 part number and three prong cap. The 10 wheels came on later cars and there for aren't as valuble. Why does a 69-73 911 cost more than a 74-77? Same type of deal.
    Last edited by Longballa; 06-17-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    72S, 72T now ST

You're right. From what I know, the construction of the wheel is basically the same so functionally they are identical. Throw a center cap on the wheel and nobody will be able to tell they are later date. (as long as you use an early ring type cap w/o holes) Longballa is right, it's all about the earlier "correct" parts being more desirable and therefore more expensive.
    If you aren't hung up on dates etc, the later flat sixes are a great deal.

Kent
    Last edited by kentf14; 06-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Thanks. That makes sense in context.
    Terrence Dorsey

Like others have said, they are worth more. It's kinda like explaining to my nieghbor why a 73S is worth more than a 74S.
    There are some machining differences and the spokes are usually thicker on the later wheels for the anticipated weight.
    H