Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know if Al Reed's shop is up and running?

Anyone know if Al Reed's shop is up and running?

Hi,
    I've had some difficulty getting a hold of Al Reed. I know of the family health issues, and was wondering are they still up and running, and are they still taking jobs on?? Thanks Steve

I don't know but their phone just rings and they have no answering machine or service. No web site either.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

There was a thread on PP recently looking for Al Reed. Seems like he might be MIA.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...p-al-reed.html
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    There was a thread on PP recently looking for Al Reed. Seems like he might be MIA.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...p-al-reed.html
    I tried to catch Al Reed at his published business number and it was disconnected. Not a good sign. Thread on the Bird indicates possible health issues within the fam. Truly sorry to read that and hope the very best for Al and his family. Would appreciate an update if anybody has further information. I hope we haven't lost a valuable contributor to the community.

- MR

Support him now by giving him and his family time to deal with their challenges...and return to do business with him when he is ready.
    VS.
    Posting stuff that might cast him in a bad light. Understand that EVERYTHING is indexed in Google and reputations are destroyed instantly. Most people wont read past the first post about him not answering the phone.

Not trying to pick a fight..just hoping for the best for Al and his family. Prayers for his wife.

Al's wife is hands-down one of the nicest people I've dealt with in my years of doing business. My prayers go out to them.

-M

Has anyone gone over to the shop in the last week or 2 ?

I was going to bring him a set of Mahle Gasburners to do , but would not want to waste a trip for nothing,

I also wonder if the workers in the back answer the phones or just keep working !

Best wishes to Al and his wife , I was always treated well by them,

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Support him now by giving him and his family time to deal with their challenges...and return to do business with him when he is ready.
    VS.
    Posting stuff that might cast him in a bad light. Understand that EVERYTHING is indexed in Google and reputations are destroyed instantly. Most people wont read past the first post about him not answering the phone.

Not trying to pick a fight..just hoping for the best for Al and his family. Prayers for his wife.
    Same here. I just wanted to send him some business and was surprised/disappointed that he *MIGHT* not be providing his valuable service any longer. Sincerely wishing him, his family, and his business the very best during what must be very challenging times. No negative posting intended.

- MR

As many of you may know I have know Al and Dainne since thay bought the business from my brother in 1979.
    I belive Dianne may be ill again. Hopefully, I am going to see them soon. Al would have a difficult time running the business without Dianne. The last time I saw Al he was having a great deal of problems just walking so it may be a while to get things organized if they are both out.
    I'll try to up date when I can, but I only go South once a month or so and I can't get ahold of him at home.
    If some one could swing by his shop just to see if there is a note or talk with his helpers it may clear up things before I can get there.
    H
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 07-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.

I was able to get ahold of Alan. Dianne is ill again, but they are positive and treatment has begun. It will take a while for Al to respond to your calls. He was so ovewhelmed that he even forgot to pay his phone bill.
    Things should be getting back to ....not exactly normal yet but at least going in the right direction. Give him some time and prayers.
    H