Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make a new key from the Kardex? 911 1968

How to make a new key from the Kardex? 911 1968

Yes, I can send the code to someone, but I want to do it myself. And another question, if my70 doesn't have Kardex photo, can't we see the key code? We will never know of a 70-73 the key code?

Quote Originally Posted by trevi1 View Post
    Yes, I can send the code to someone, but I want to do it myself. And another question, if my70 doesn't have Kardex photo, can't we see the key code? We will never know of a 70-73 the key code?
    Hmm, I saw your comment in another forum about the meaning of the locks (darpedie). It's an interesting fact that you pointed out, but I believe it's not mentioned in the "Coa" from 72 onwards! I recommend you to talk to @Davep...
    maybe he can get something

Yes, the key code is often included in the data I get for my CoA-type of Report. Often, not always, and can never be certain before making the purchase.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by trevi1 View Post
    Speak with davep. He helped me get my key code. That is the only way. Porsche won’t be able to help.

The alternatives are:

1) You have the key code sticker attached to your ignition. These have mostly fallen off by now.
    2) you make sure you have an untouched lock and cut your key based off of that.

In my case as I discovered, all of the locks on my car save for the hood lock (targa) had been tinkered with.

Yes, May be the hood lock (I have a 911t with hood lock) is the more secure original code. Thanks! but with the key we can have the code? (I have 2 COA and dont have the code). How we can generate the code with the key?

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Yes, the key code is often included in the data I get for my CoA-type of Report. Often, not always, and can never be certain before making the purchase.
    Don't mean to hijack - but can you get a key code with this Kardex?

Name:  BCC2855E-D662-438E-AC39-8C7732121DC7.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  111.6 KB
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

CC781?? and remember the Kardex is 1965 to 1969, I dont have Kardex. How you can translate from the key to the CC781 or from CC781 to the key?

That CC781 IS the key code
    the system applied until at least the end of 1973 as my 73's code is CO8xx which i got a new key cut from

I got my code from Porsche but that was 30 years ago when they were more lenient with such things
    all I had to do was give them a vin number and prove the car was mine, which they already knew, but i had to do it formally with registration papers in my name

the key number is kept on their on line database and can be accessed from anywhere in the world so it should be a matter of going to an official dealerwith the car or proof of ownership and seeing what the current rules to get the number are

However all you will get is the original key code which wont help if the locks / ignition have been changed
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Thanks - I haven’t registered my car yet so I’m sure the dealers here in CT won’t give it. But at least I know.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

The key code on the kardex above is k 323.