Thread: Thanks to Vintage Car Works, Dave DiMaria and his crew

Thanks to Vintage Car Works, Dave DiMaria and his crew

I have been trying very hard to get the 912P (POLO) car ready for the SLC Parade. A couple things needed attention. Things like suspension bushings from Elephant, replacing my loop cooler with a Carrera cooler from Elephant, a gas tank loaner till my new one arrives and gets the inside sealed and the outside a proper finish, and droping the engine and trans for 3 transmission seals. Then Vintage will do their best to give some life to my Vintage Bahama Yellow paint. Then it's off for a alignment some test miles and a trip to SLC.
    Buy the way, if you are into SWB 911's and cool Alfa's and you are in the area, (Colorado) give Dave a call. For me this is SWB Heaven. 303-459-4626
    If not for Dave and his crew this just wouldn't get done. Thanks to you all.
    Chris Pomares

Denver to the SLC Parade

Oil temp 200, oil pressure 65lbs, RPM 3600, speed 90 mph, distance to 1 of the fillups 215 miles, gas used 6.45 gallons. There was about a 10 mph tail wind. The car ran like that for about 375 of the 525 miles we covered today up on I80 in Wyoming. I made the trip with a Boxster and a Cayman. I would say both to be no older than 2009's and I didn't slow them down. I think the POLO engine could run 100-110 all day long easy. At 90 everything just kinda all came together. Sweet. In the last 8 days the car got a Carrera cooler, new Elephant front a arm, trailing arm and spring plate bushings. 4 new Konis set in the middle settings,(the new ones only have 4 half turns not 5), and 19/24 SC torsion bars replacing the stock 18/23's. I was a little worried it might be a little stiff. As I took out the old rock hard rubber bushings and but in nice new rubber there was no penalty in ride. Tomorrow the car gets showed in the non judged area. Wish me luck.
    All the best, Chris Pomares

Thank you to Dave, Alan, Jim, Ken ,Derek, Quincy, Tony at Vintage Car Works. This trip would not have happened without you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 07-08-2012 at 07:00 PM.

The Parade car show

Today was a very good day. This fellow might build 912 POLO #2. The green car is a 912. The Silver car was awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 07-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.