Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Camera Thread

Well I committed today.

I've bought an Olympus PEN EP3 (it also films in 1080HD). No lenses at this stage... Probably go with a wide angle pancake and a small zooming lens.

Justin's comments make real sense. There a just too many of you 'good' photographers out there getting the cool action shots, I'll just pinch them from you

Matt, I know the DSLR would be the better choice for a photographer but I know that unless a camera is as easy as stuffing it in my pocket, I just woun't be inclined to use it!
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

John happy snapping...

lots of info here:

www.dpreview.com
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car

Nice work John, enjoy!
    You will love that camera..
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Interested to learn more about why you chose the Olympus over the Sony. I've been considering the same cameras for a little while (and the Olympus OM-D, but like you the size of a DSLR puts me off a little)
    Cam

Hi Cam

I narrowed those two cameras down through research, playing with them in the shop and just asking about. The NEX is renowned for its superior low light shooting which nearly sold me as a lot of my stuff is in the garage. But the other features of the Oly PEN such as the very fast AF, range of compatible micro 4/3 lenses across manufacturers and the 'art modes' kinda won me over.

I don't think you can go wrong with either camera.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga