Thread: RS at Monterey....

Smile RS at Monterey....

This car is coming up at RM auction next month in Monterey. What do you think?

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...arID=r215&fc=0

Seems a pretty good lightweight example.....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

I agree, pretty nice if it is in the condition described.

One thing I am trying to figure out is the correct speedo trim. I know of several cars like this one that have the 300 kph speedo with no center silver button, although the other gauges do have it. The G&K Carrera RS book shows both the early 250 and later 300 speedos sporting a silver button. Anyone know what is correct?

Hi Jeff,

The Book knows all (well mostly all anyway) The needle is incorrect, so it brings into question the stated mileage. To dig deeper the date code and/or part number would need to be checked. Probably no mileage records anyway though.

This car has been offered up for sale several times in the last 10 yrs. Barrett Jackson sold it, Dave Mohlman had it and I think he consigned it with Fantasy Junction and I may have missed some other sales along the way.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hah! I actually did find a couple of mistakes in the book, Nothing serious, just a wrong callout in a photo and an internal inconsistency on an option. But overall I agree. Interestingly when I bought my car it didn't have the button, and Chris Roman's car doesn't have it either. Strange.

The expected price of $350-450k seems like these cars are not slowing down much in their climb to the stratosphere...

Pretty amazing to me.
    I guess the early 911's are finally catching up to all the musclecar hoopla that's been going on in recent times.
    That's hemi cuda prices.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

It's a great car
    Maurizio G.

Early S Registry member #1253

1968 MY 1969 Light Ivory 911E

Right now these are worth a lot more than the old muscle cars. Muscle cars are on the way down and these are on the way up. Over $500,000 wouldn't be a surprise here. I'm looking for record setting prices at all the Monterey venues. There is just so much money looking for a home right now.

Also, keep in mind the lightweight prices are going to pull the S prices up Then the S price are going to pull the T prices up. People who used to be able to afford a lightweight are now relegated to the S. People who loved the S can now only afford the T. That's just the way it works.

Richard Newton
    Facebook

Noticed the R-Gruppe style hot rod. Looks to be well done and a fun car. Its estimate is 90-110k, I'm sure less than the build cost. I wonder if the market will recognize the true cost to build one of these.

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...rID=r164&fc=0#
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by mobius911 View Post
    Interestingly when I bought my car it didn't have the button, and Chris Roman's car doesn't have it either. Strange.
    Weight saving option.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....