Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LED light bulbs

Different "Nokia", it is actually spelled "Nokya".
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    Odd - I use them in my cars and have never had to change the flashers. Worked great out of the box and bought them at Kragen of all places...they work great as a stopgap fix for dim led lighting, as they require less current to go full bright than tungsten filament bulbs. I've never been happier with tail light bulbs than with LEDs.
    hello man sorry for old thread reply but I think you are the right person to help me. I am looking to get new tail lights and which technology is best suited? I am very poor with electronics parts knowledge so please help.. Thanks
    Last edited by JermaineBowman; 07-03-2013 at 08:39 AM.

I bought some tail light LED's (66 911)from one of the links here to Ebay. They are brighter when on running lights but when you hit the brakes(with lights on) they do not get much brighter. You can't tell I have applied the brakes(unsafe). They were Red Led's for the brake lights. Anyone have a lead to a better LED for a safe set-up?

Good quetion
    James Hurst #1638
    R Gruppe #514
    911T with 2.2S Ps and Cs, Solex grind Cams and PMO 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by bobm View Post
    I bought some tail light LED's (66 911)from one of the links here to Ebay. They are brighter when on running lights but when you hit the brakes(with lights on) they do not get much brighter. You can't tell I have applied the brakes(unsafe). They were Red Led's for the brake lights. Anyone have a lead to a better LED for a safe set-up?
    I used recommended LEDs from SuperbrightLEDs.com, for all my external lamps except headlamps. 73 911 targa, original flasher. All work fine, no complaints. Much brighter, and I like the "instant on" effect. I did use some license plate bolts with embedded LEDs from AutoZone as well. They are great with my 91 deck lid w/o plate lamps.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

I notice that SuperbrightLEDs.com has 15 different 7528 (tail light) bulb substitutions available. Which one did you go with Bill? I'm thinking that these might provide a little more safety from being rear ended.

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I bought my red LED's from superbright also but the brake light is not much brighter then the running light. I sent them an email but have not received a return email. I tried their bulb locator but it does not list Porsche. Bill which bulbs (#) did you buy, there are so many to choose from. I did see these http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...sher/923/2274/, looks like they flash 3 times then stay on, sounds like they are also pretty bright. Our light are pretty low so I want to get as bright(safe) as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    I notice that SuperbrightLEDs.com has 15 different 7528 (tail light) bulb substitutions available. Which one did you go with Bill? I'm thinking that these might provide a little more safety from being rear ended.

Kent
    I have one of the boxes here &it looks like 1157-R45T. It looks like it has 45 LEDs on it!!
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

I went to superbrightleds.com, used their configurator and ended up on this page .....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...11--/49-204--/
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Wanted to revive this thread. I bought LED from superbrights # 1156 & 1157 these are the ones with 45 bulbs ($25.00 each). I found the brake lights to be a little brighter. When I put the turn signal bulbs in (front&rear) the flasher would not flash ( burn steady). When I put in just the rears the flasher works(fast) but I lost the inside (gauge) indicator light. I have the original flasher still in the car. Has anyone used the electronic flasher unit? Did it help? Thanks for any thoughts.
    Bob M