Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Heinzmann' Fire Extinguisher System

'Heinzmann' Fire Extinguisher System

I'm going to do one last small batch of my reproduction Heinzmann fire extinguishers that are made in conjunction with Lifeline.
    This is a fully working system which includes straps, brackets, tubing, cables, nozzles and the heinzmann decals which I leave
    for you to apply as to how you prefer them. It's identical in size and shape to the original.

The system utilises Lifeline's tried and tested Zero 2000 foam extiguishant firing through a modern new technology trigger with
    built in pressure gauge and nozzles to atomise the spray. The beauty of the original design means that the diamond plate cover
    which turned out really well, sits on top of the modern trigger so you don't see it.

The price is $1650 to include the all important 'hazardous materiels' shipping contract it needs to get to you.

There's been much discussion about the Heinzmann with good reference material here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=heinzmann
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Hey Mike,

I'm interested. pm sent.

Thanks,

Matt

Mike,
    Followed the original thread. Seeing the final product is gratifying. Truly beautiful and nothing short of phenomenal in appearance and function. I can only wish I had a car
    that would justify one of these units. Our 911 community is blessed w/ individuals such as yourself, Soterik, Ibmiked and others who have taken the risk, the time and the hard work to
    make so many fine products for us. My thanks for all of your efforts.
    With Warmest Regards,
    Chris jannelli

thanks Chris, that's really kind of you to say so.

I think it goes for all of us that we make this stuff for ourselves for the enjoyment of it, the amount of time spent on development and research,
    correcting mistakes and starting over again you never get back, but just happy to share and for others to enjoy it if they like it.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664

Hi Mike,
    great work!
    I have a question. Is this setup FiA approved for historic racing?
    Thanks
    Siegfried

Hi Siegfried, no not approved at all! This has been built to replicate the system as used in 1972/3 so as to look period correct, but at the same time offer a little bit of protection for the engine bay.
    The main problem is volume, I think the current regulations call for a bottle with something like twice the capacity, if you think about it later RSR's and the 935's had twin Heinzmann bottles on a
    rack one on top of the other for the larger capacity. That might be a way to go but not correct for the 73 RSR.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664

Thanks Mike

Hi,

If anyone has one of these by chance I am interested. Not interested in repro paper weights (non-op reproductions that are currently for sale).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Moore View Post
    I'm going to do one last small batch of my reproduction Heinzmann fire extinguishers that are made in conjunction with Lifeline.
    This is a fully working system which includes straps, brackets, tubing, cables, nozzles and the heinzmann decals which I leave
    for you to apply as to how you prefer them. It's identical in size and shape to the original.

The system utilises Lifeline's tried and tested Zero 2000 foam extiguishant firing through a modern new technology trigger with
    built in pressure gauge and nozzles to atomise the spray. The beauty of the original design means that the diamond plate cover
    which turned out really well, sits on top of the modern trigger so you don't see it.

The price is $1650 to include the all important 'hazardous materiels' shipping contract it needs to get to you.

There's been much discussion about the Heinzmann with good reference material here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=heinzmann

You'd better get your wallet out then Edoyle
    one for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $12,500

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    You'd better get your wallet out then Edoyle
    one for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $12,500
    No kidding, they are very nice units though. Thankfully the clear pictures have been of use as I have decided to build a non-operative reproduction Heinzmann for my car.