Thread: My car won 2nd place at the Parade!

My car won 2nd place at the Parade!

In the art show, that is...

A friend of mine, Felicia Weston, is a professional artist. She focuses on cars; Porsche is her favorite marque and early 911s are her favorite Porsches. Her daily driver is a 911. At the Parade she entered in the drawing and painting categories and won both (the winning image in both categories was the Lowenbrau 962). I didn't even know she was entering the painting of my car and was happy to see that it took second place in the professional category. Here's a link to the results with images: http://parade2012.pca.org/documents/...012ArtShow.pdf

Here are a couple examples of early 911s. Mine is the tangerine one. Here are some links to websites featuring her work and contact info. Prices are reasonable: http://www.flevyweston.com/index.html, http://www.artflakes.com/en/shop/flevyweston

And apologies in advance if it's bad form to give a plug in the General forum. I wouldn't have posted here if it weren't for her passion for early 911s.

Name:  red_carerra.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  Carrera.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  180.8 KB
    Last edited by mobius911; 07-27-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Jeff Jensen

Congrats... She's very talented
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

Thanks! My thread title was tongue-in-cheek though; I had nothing to do with this other than moving the car outside so she could photograph it one day when she was visiting. But I did want to give props to Felicia and let others know about her work. If you ever thought of getting a portrait of your prized possession, here's "one of us" who gets it and understands our passion.

My wife and kids had her do a second portrait that they gave me this Christmas, and that one is hanging in my office!
    Jeff Jensen

People with that kind of talent just amaze me
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

very nice style......love the water color look.