Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: differences in the early sun visors

Having seen this thread referenced on another one, could anyone help identify these for me; the material looks like the early one posted above, both the left and right have mirrors; they came in a big box of parts so absolutely no idea on age/model so any pointers gratefully received:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Jim, you combined the 68 and 69 coupe as being identical. I believe the 68 visor has a narrower dogleg. One year only, black/white, pivots.

Quote Originally Posted by swcarroll View Post
    Jim, you combined the 68 and 69 coupe as being identical. I believe the 68 visor has a narrower dogleg. One year only, black/white, pivots.
    You are right. I have been meaning to Edit my post. The sunvisor I have listed as a 68 in the above pictures is actually a 69. I will revise post and take pictures denoting the difference in 68 and 68 coupe sunvisors.

Regards

Jim
    PS: I'm learning as we go, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    Having seen this thread referenced on another one, could anyone help identify these for me; the material looks like the early one posted above, both the left and right have mirrors; they came in a big box of parts so absolutely no idea on age/model so any pointers gratefully received:
    Tim

Those are 66 and earlier visors. The same pivots were used in 67, as well but 67 visors are black and white.

Regards

Jim

Tim

those visors were the same on the 1964/65 cars, too, .... but - mirror just on the passenger side, in '64.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Jim/Bob - many thanks for your feedback. If you have an idea on value could you drop me a pm; in terms of condition one has a small split in one corner that can be seen in the first photo plus the mirror on the same one is starting to tarnish.

Thanks again.
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Interesting my 68 had the exact visors shown there in Jim's photos, but both sides are black as is the headliner. I guess someone has replaced that, if it was not an option?
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by Merv View Post
    Interesting my 68 had the exact visors shown there in Jim's photos, but both sides are black as is the headliner. I guess someone has replaced that, if it was not an option?
    If your sunvisors are the waffle pattern or not and and are all black. Look carefully at them, you will find that they have been sprayed black. Your car did not come with a black headliner or all black sun visors.

Regards

Jim

No they have not been sprayed Jim. The visors are exactly that shape and have the same fittings. I believe they have been over-trimmed in black (smooth). The headliner has been replaced it seems at some stage.
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Jim, if all it takes are apple fritters to get you to post more often on stuff like this, is there a local place that delivers?

Casey, what do you mean by "one hole bracket" on targas?
    The brackets on coupes and targas had two holes until 1967. In 1968 targas did not have a swivel bracket but one fixed on both ends. The brackets had just one hole each for screws. I'm not sure about coupes and am only pretty sure about early 1968 targas.