Thread: NOS Targa Soft Window

NOS Targa Soft Window

I was saving this for the "next" project but there is plenty to do with the current one...

I have an NOS Soft Rear Window for a Targa. No mounts/other parts just the window. It is perfect . From Stoddard some 15-20 years ago I believe.

Asking $700 + shipping, or trade for a pair of really nice H1 head lights! I could also use '72-73 6x15 Fuchs or 2 15x8 Fuchs...(cash to make the deal work out evenly)

Thanks,
    Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

I'm curious (and probably ignorant)

I've never seen anything like this, so I have to ask ... Is this just the inner 'window' part, or does it include both sides of the zipper and the sleeve for the metal frame?

In other words, what is needed, besides the frame, to make this assembly complete and mount it to the car?

Thank you.

My understanding is this replaces the window when the plastic window wears out/cracks/turns yellow. If you have a soft window car this is the "replacement" part like on a convertible-the frame should not "wear out" from use.

Edit: to answer your question exactly yes it has the sleeve and zippers - that is how they come

If you are converting a car to soft window , there is a company that makes a complete conversion kit. They also sell the window separately for about $800 if I recall correctly, it's the same type as this , I think? I'm not sure if they're the same as this NOS Stoddard. I can look online and post the link when I get home.

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by YTNUKLR; 08-04-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay