Maybe Chuck will make this a sticky, maybe it will get flushed, but here goes:

Here is my attempt to help people get the most out of the incredible wealth of info on this forum. I've found that when I answer a question for someone I am sometimes doing the legwork I describe below.

While it's certainly possible to ask the forum a question by posting a new thread, often times the question has been answered numerous times in the past. With a little effort, one can get great answers and learn all sorts of other things in the process of their search. And it's actually incredibly efficient once you get the hang of it.

I'm definitely not against posting a question and enjoy debate and discussion on all sorts of topics here. I guess I'm just more of a 'do it myself' kinda guy and like the thrill of the hunt for the answer. So here goes:

1. Don't expect the best results when using this site's built in search feature. It's just how it is. For example, search '901 gear ratios' and see what comes back.

Snap1.jpg

Not exactly what you were looking for, huh?

Snap2.jpg

2. Now instead, try using a highly refined Google search. Type the following in Google search:
site:early911sregistry.org 901 gear ratios.

And look what comes back... Much better than in #1, eh?

Snap3.jpg

The site:<name of website> filter clears out all the background noise on the internet and focuses Google's power on one site with your search criteria.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Bryce