Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1972 RSR at sloan

1972 RSR at sloan

Hello gentleman ... and ladies I am certain,

I have been searching for a '72 911 for some time, my birth year. Having read these forums many times over I have found myself falling for the tribute/clone cars. Furthermore, I know full well that the car will be driven hard ... and therefore would prefer a trackable street car to an actual classic.

I had wished to make my first post an introduction with my hopefully first 70-73 911 but now find that I require your aid. The 1972 lightweight tribute at Sloan is a mystery car. Despite searching and browsing rennlist/registry/pelican I have been unable to find any prior images, mention of its maker, or references to further detail. My sincerest apologies if I have missed the posts.

Seeing as the car has not moved for quite some time, and in view of the many posts referencing Mr Sloan's business practices, I would sincerely appreciate your expertise and knowledge.

Many thanks,

F Dankoff

Link: http://sloancars.com/752/1972-rsr-li...e-tribute-car/
    Last edited by Doc72; 08-12-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Errors ... english second language.

For that kind of money, you have quite a few much better options IMO.

For example, this car is well known in the enthusiast community is appears to be much better executed:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-3.2l-t-85-000

For approximately 30% of the price of the Sloan car, you can have something like this, which also appears to me a more honestly presented car:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...od-in-DC-metro

Quote Originally Posted by Doc72 View Post
    Hello gentleman ... and ladies I am certain,

I have been searching for a '72 911 for some time, my birth year. Having read these forums many times over I have found myself falling for the tribute/clone cars. Furthermore, I know full well that the car will be driven hard ... and therefore would prefer a trackable street car to an actual classic.

I had wished to make my first post an introduction with my hopefully first 70-73 911 but now find that I require your aid. The 1972 lightweight tribute at Sloan is a mystery car. Despite searching and browsing rennlist/registry/pelican I have been unable to find any prior images, mention of its maker, or references to further detail. My sincerest apologies if I have missed the posts.

Seeing as the car has not moved for quite some time, and in view of the many posts referencing Mr Sloan's business practices, I would sincerely appreciate your expertise and knowledge.

Many thanks,

F Dankoff

Link: http://sloancars.com/752/1972-rsr-li...e-tribute-car/

Move on, nothing to see here. Keep moving. That's right….
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quite true,

I have read the evolution of Luke's car MANY times !!! Many :-) His incredible creation and Mr Layton's Black Beaty II "1972RSR" are two of the main reasons I am atracted to the RS/RSR types. Their constant evolution and the workmanship/personal touches that have been added over time are highly attractive to me.

Mr Sloan's prices are always 10-20% off, and with some negotiating the RSR they have for sale could be worth its coin. This of course depends on a LOT of missing information; was the tub brought to bare, strengthened and pannels replaced, fuel cell? brakes ? suspension ? etc etc etc ... It is difficult to make an assessment of the Sloan car without further information.

The DC car is also brilliant, and would be an amazing foundation upon which to build, but the "hot rod" 911 scene up here in Montreal is not as well developed, and my aspirations for a 72-73 RSR tribute would be quite difficulte to achieve. I am also quite partial to earlier engines as I would love to learn as much as I could ... we have long winters :-) More than enough tme to take apart engines, certainly easier on the earlier beasts.

-F-

This should be watched over and over.

This should be watched over and over.

"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnhvWKMqm4
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

You might want to consider the replica on switchcars:

http://inventory.switchcars.com/card...VIN=9110121815

It has been for sale for a long time and appears to be well-represented. As far as I know switchcars.com has a good reputation --
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."
    Nice ... I have a doubt about the car, and there is no doubt it is priced too hi. As per the Ronin, some can avoid ambushes when they have a doubt. Others however, prefer to know the distance, armament, number, and training of their ambushees ... and walk away with a few prisoners and some loot. The car has a value, unless you can argue it has none at all, either way, I am seeking its history and any further information.

PS: the switch car is great, it seems worth its price tag, many thanks.

I always wonder how well a project was done if no one knows anything about it "the car started out as a 1968 911 E" Oh really!!
    Then I always wonder why no pictures are shown of the bottom
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

good advice from geshaghi
    backdate would be smart too.
    But stick to your birth year - 72 is an amazing year with that oil door, and the forward oil tank.
    Only a 1/4" change in CG, but it is the principle!