Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '67 rear wiper

Question '67 rear wiper

My '67 came with a rear wiper and I intend to install a new one. I do not have the original trunk lid.What would it take to install it?

67 rear wiper deck lid

To be correct, you need a deck lid with the center divide & have the two round ports on the upper portion of the deck lid (blue one inside) that the rear wiper assembly will enter thru.If you have a left hand drive car , the wiper assembly will mount on the left behind the driver and on the right behind a driver that has a right hand drive car...The red lid is from an earlier than `67 car that the rear wiper option was NOT available & the blue lid is from a later late `68 on up that had the wiper assembly ports & had a newer different lid grill. If you can, try to get the proper lid, should not be too difficult...Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Cliff; 08-13-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Cliff

Your information is incorrect. I have a 66 911 w/ a rear wiper. I have the invoice from 66 w/ the wiper mentioned on it. You can also find it in the access. brochure for 66.

Richard

Name:  CIMG1250_2.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  93.3 KB

Hi Richard, how about a closer inside picture of where the wiper pivot assembly goes through the lid? Thanks. Andy
    Andy (VA).

Perhaps , maybe 1965 was the cut off. I do have a late year 66' in the photo (red deck ,interior view) that has the omission of the rear wiper mount! This deck is numbered for my car 30486x a '66 disguised as a 67' deLuxe that also has been modified for '67 block 911 & P O R S C H E script. Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by 304678 View Post
    Cliff

Your information is incorrect. I have a 66 911 w/ a rear wiper. I have the invoice from 66 w/ the wiper mentioned on it. You can also find it in the access. brochure for 66.

Richard

Name:  CIMG1250_2.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  93.3 KB
    From what I can see in the above photo, where the wiper assembly comes thru the deck lid, it sure looks odd, like some modified extra piece between the deck lid and the wiper arm....I can surely believe there were some earlier than 67 that have this wiper on the rear deck lid...Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 08-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.

early deck lid / with rear wiper port(s)

I also have a 67 912 deck lid with a single mounting port on the left side only.It is a left hand drive car......Cliff

The instructions for shape, size and location for soldering in the 10 mm support tube is in the Factory shop manual section TRA 19 "Subsequent Installation of the Rear Window Wiper" for cars up to 305 100 (for the deck lids that came prior to the support). It sounds like the 1966/1967 cars after that had the new version support as part of the lid. But the outer deck skin had to be drilled opened and finished.

Go to the period parts book section 9/4a for the drawings of the parts and part numbers and order of assembly.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob, take a close look at Richard's deck lid where the wiper mechanism comes thru the deck lid. Any thoughts? ....Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    From what I can see in the above photo, where the wiper assembly comes thru the deck lid, it sure looks odd, like some modified extra piece between the deck lid and the wiper arm....I can surely believe there were some earlier than 67 that have this wiper on the rear deck lid...Cliff
    Cliff it's indeed odd looking but you can see it on a picture in the access. brochure for 66 (I'll try to take a picture out of that brochure later). There is no support tube for it.

Richard