Thread: Olive Tart seatbelts....how to put a set together?

Olive Tart seatbelts....how to put a set together?

Hey everyone....

Previous issue of Excellence had Tom's Olive S-T beauty.

Inside the car were a set of very nice REPA seat belts.
    I'm looking to replicate something similar in my hotrod.
    Specifically looking at where to source the buckle/latch setup?
    There are companies that could can reweb, add vintage correct patches, etc.

My car has a Safety Devices rollbar with a horizontal member that I can wrap the shoulder belts around...
    instead of going to the back window shelf with the single Y attachment.

Any ideas or tips?
    Here is a copy of the pic from Excellence magazine (giving them full credit; photo by David Conklin).

Name:  olive_tart_7_big.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  97.7 KB
    Last edited by skinnerd; 08-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Doug - that buckle/latch set-up is std '69-'72 911 ...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hi Doug, I made up the same set last year, the hardest part was finding the webbing with the orange centre stitching,
    but your lucky now that 'Stretch' on here has made it available again.

The buckles and catches come up on here from time to time, a handed pair will if mounted correctly end up with one
    upside down as your picture shows, if you get a matching pair you can do it with both the right way up, albeit with the
    buckles going in the same direction as I have done. I do have one spare buckle/catch if you have trouble finding them.

The repa patches are available on here if you do a search, they come very white though with bright blue lettering, I
    mellowed mine down with tea and a little yellow dye.

A potential problem is finding someone to make them up for you in terms of the stitching and putting the webbing
    together, seatbelt companies won't touch them for obvious liability concerns, so best to find a friendly trimmer as I did.

Here's a picture of my set, hope that's of some help, Mike

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Here you have the harness in Ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPA-PORSCHE...r#ht_500wt_719

Doug, if you're back in town you can see mine in the car. It's at Rothsport right now.
    72S, 72T now ST

Thx all for the great replies and info.

Andyjboy: I'll keep an eye out for a set of those latches.

Mike_Moore: Those look exactly like what I'm after. Couple of questions. How do the shoulder straps attach to the lap belts; can't really see from your pic. Do they just loop around the lap belts or get sown directly into the lap belts. I'll check with Stretch for the belt material. Also where did you source the black adjusters on the shoulder belts just below the REPA tags. Lots of great info.

a911s: Randy, that is the website/group I would use to put together the belts for me.

Frankmar: Thx for the link. I think I am looking for something just a little bit different.

Longballa: Scott, I am currently in Thailand returning this Sat. Will be at Rothsports on Monday (Aug 27) morning to pick up my Weidman 9x15, 11x15 w/ Mich TB15's. If your car is still there, I'll have a look.

Cheers....
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Nice, your wheels are done! Man, those are going to look sooooooo good on your RSR! My car will be there. Call me monday and we'll catch up. I installed a Warn winch on your old trailer. It works great. -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST