Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9110300343

. . . from the Russo & Steele auction, 16-18-Aug, 2012 . . .

VIN = 9110300343
    Eng# = 6300504
    Trans# =

. . . Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale August 16th- 18th, 2012 at Russo and Steele's 12th Annual Monterey California Auction. Please contact us for more information

This is a fine example is a rare two owner Porsche 911 S 2.2L Coupe. It is all original and numbers matching and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity issued from Porsche. Recently brought out of dry storage for the past 18 years, the car has gone through a fresh restoration and refurbishment including: New correct Porsche Silver metallic paint (#80 paint code), new correct black leatherette interior, new headliner, new correct carpeting, new Bosch Euro H4 headlights, and period correct shortwave radio. The original deep 6 Fuchs rims have been restored perfectly by well-known Porsche wheel restorer Al Reid, and finished off with new Bridgestone Potenza 205/60/15 tires.

The car still retains the rare and original hood crest and emblems, original manual, tools, jack and spare tire. More importantly the original floors and pans are still intact, solid throughout and in very good condition. The engine has been recently refurbished, serviced and detailed with cad-plating. The engine compartment has been correctly powder-coated. The engine runs fantastically well, the 5 speed transmission shifts perfectly into place, the car tracks straight at high speeds and performs flawlessly in any handling challenge. This is your rare opportunity to own an amazing and well-balanced performance machine - the Porsche 911 S! . . .

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collec...sche-911/28021

Sold for . . . (???)

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 08-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

This car sold for $55k. I thought it was a steal!
    70 914-6 #2615 (Metallic Green) - SOLD
    74 US Carrera Coupe #63 (Lime Green)
    73 911 T Coupe #1891 (Gemini Blue)

On the surface of it and not having seen the whole car, it seems like it went for close to half of what one might expect. Good Ts are going for that kind of coin.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Anybody know if there was a reserve on this sale? Something doesn't seem right about this sale..
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Paint was really poor. Other than that it looked pretty nice. I was there with Steve_SC and we checked the interior and lifted the decklid; I'm no expert but it sure felt like aluminum.
    Jeff Jensen

If the pan was anywhere near as nice as the interior and engine detailing it was a wicked deal.

Somewhere along the way the car lost some $ I think, as it was sold (I think) for more than this. I had been in talks with the owner at that point, who was in Southern California- Orange Co maybe. He said it went to someone in Northern California and for more than what I'd originally discussed. It's amazing how quickly some cars change hands. If I count correctly, this would be five owners in about 18 months...
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

It would be nice if this car would go to an actual enthusiast who would keep it and enjoy it.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

its back on Ebay this week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...#ht_500wt_1182

Whats up with this car? why people keep passing it on?

porschegal

CEO of the Best early 911 parts store in Southern California

www.Schnellautosports.com

It may have been passed around, but it honestly looks very good. Everything looks done properly on this car