Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Period Recaro rally seats, value question

Period Recaro rally seats, value question

Here's my situation, I have these very nice period Recaro's in my 67S, but I would really like a pair of SWB sport seats. Value wise, if I were to sell these, are they in the same ballpark as SWB sport seats, assuming condition is comparable. Reason I ask, is I'm not really keen on spending several thousand to upgrade, so to speak.

These are totally original, never even tried to clean the mild stain on the passenger seat. They both have early style tilting brackets, not a single tear or hole anywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bill Meyer; 08-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.

member #1515
    Those are so nice, why would you want to change?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Those are so nice, why would you want to change?
    I wish I knew.. Probably the same reason I'm on my 10th steering wheel, 5th muffler, etc..
    Last edited by Bill Meyer; 08-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Bill

I would peg those seats as 72/73 seats. I'm guessing that because of the 72/73 style headrests . They are very cool seats, though.

Regards

Jim

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Why not change the shift knob instead? Go for one of the 917 wood knobs and keep the seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Guthrie View Post
    Why not change the shift knob instead? Go for one of the 917 wood knobs and keep the seats!
    That would sure be a lot easier, hard to stop me once I get an idea in my head.

Man, my interior sure looks dirty in that picture, maybe I should just clean the car..
    Last edited by Bill Meyer; 08-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Hi Bill~ Are you looking to sale your seats? If so how much do want for the pair. Thank you.

Very nice wheel and hub!!
    Keep the seats, just clean them!

Quote Originally Posted by 72MFI View Post
    Hi Bill~ Are you looking to sale your seats? If so how much do want for the pair. Thank you.
    Not really interested in selling until I find some proper sport seats to replace these.

Bill- I'll venture a guess. I have the same seats, but mine were redone by Tony so not original condition. Mine have the Wedge fixed bases and period (tho not correct) sliders. I've been researching values and I'd put mine at about $4000. Makes me think yours should be valued higher given the original material and condition.

Love to know the story on the drive that induced your passenger to produce that stain!

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST