Thread: Any members in Orlando Fl area

Any members in Orlando Fl area

I am moving to Orlando nexweek. just wondering if anyone is in Orlando area.
    -----

71 911E RS Clone (Analog)
    88 928 S4 (V8 Trans Axle)
    99 996 (Daily Beater)

Early S Registry # 1278

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    I hang out around the Clermont area just west of Orlando, and Crystal River, Palm Coast , and Marco Island / Naples areas in the winter from time to time. My second love is riding m/c - sportbikes and there are a few really great dealerships around Clermont and Naples--HD/ Buell, where I can service my bikes.

I have a cousin in Orlando, but do not care much for the huge traffic situation, so gravitate to the orange grove, ocean and mangrove areas of Florida. Spend a little time up around Daytona during the Rolex 24 and Kissimee for the Mecum auction, and also prefer the wilds, the woods of the Panhandle, the javelina country , away from congestion.......

Best wishes on the move and enjoy Florida, its a great place to see some remarkable nature, collector cars , and phenomenal ocean / Gulf sights. The events at Daytona Raceway and Sebring are a major draw for me, and the sport boat, Manatee watching coastal areas, rivers, bays cannot be missed.......but I digress.

There are some real dynamic Porsche Club Regions in Florida if you belong to PCA, and I would encourage you to look up some of the guys from each ...... / contact the region of your choice.....there are some characters....some great enthusiasts, and of course, the usual poseur or two
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Welcome to Florida. I am in South Florida so a few hours below Orlando. You'll enjoy the winters with your car as it's dry and cool. The summer weather is tough for a classic car in my opinion because of crazy rainstorms. Lots of cars here in Florida, lots of racing, but I wish more classic car culture...
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Welcome to Florida! I'm north of Orlando about 2 hours, in Ocala. It's a wonderful place for people who enjoy the outdoors.

dho
    dho
    Central Florida
    Member # 1968

Thumbs up

You've even got a shop in your new area...
    http://www.troysport.com/index.htm

Sid is a nice guy and runs a good shop ...

And this is from someone in SoCal....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the well wishes. I did live in gainsville for a year, so I know what Fla has to offer. Right now the 911 is having to get its engne re-rebuilt at rennegroup in NC. Very long story, so the 911 will be out of comission for a bit. Going to bring the 928 down there. I am a PCA member, and have neen for years, so I hope that help me get into the local car culture.

Chuc k thanks for the link to troysoprt, they are very close to where I live. Will go by and say hello.
    -----

71 911E RS Clone (Analog)
    88 928 S4 (V8 Trans Axle)
    99 996 (Daily Beater)

Early S Registry # 1278