Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '67 911s . . .

'67 911s . . .

. . . on BaT . . .

VIN = 305464S

. . . This 1967 Porsche 911S (Chassis 305464S), originally a Polo Red US-spec car, has been disassembled, had all metal work completed, and is ready for inspection, paint, and assembly. The car is owned by noted Porsche restorers German Master Tech in Bend, Oregon, who have completed three previous 1967 911S restorations leading up to this build, with this car and #5 currently in the shop. The bare chassis gives prospective buyers the opportunity to inspect the shell at its most basic level, and also to have input into the details of the build. This 911S is now available for a $175k base price, which will have it delivered in fresh, #1 restored stock condition, including a Gamroth-built drivetrain and all top quality components. Payment terms and details of the build are negotiable, and changes from stock will, of course, affect price . . .

. . . This car is a USA-spec Polo Red with black interior model. It was found in a shed in Portland where it had been parked for many years. The body shell was completely stripped, and period sheet metal was used as needed from GMT’s extensive early 911 parts collection. Old school metal work was performed and “pick and file” metal finishing with lead work was carried out as needed! Sheet metal work is now complete and the whole shell is in primer . . .

. . . Many should may remember the Jaegermeister BMW CSL race car that we featured here on BaT and also photographed at the Portland Historics and Monterey. That was another of GMT’s ground-up builds, done to the same standard as this Porsche will be. German Master Tech’s Early 911 references include the following:

John Audette
    Jeff Gamroth
    Jeff Smith
    John Wurner
    Steve Walker
    Tony Garcia
    Jerry Hornbuckle
    Bruce Canepa
    The membership of the High Desert Region PCA

Restoration of the sub-assemblies is in progress. Of course, the original numbers-matching engine and transmission will be restored to stock and installed. The transmission is already completed by Rothsport in Portland, Oregon, and the engine will also be restored to the highest standard and then Dyno tested, also by Rothsport . . .

. . . Here is the list of what is promised by Tim Morris of German Master Tech:

“GMT’s restoration shop specializes in the Early Porsche 911.
    They use the best vendors, the best products, the best procedures for the best sports car, with build quality that gives these cars another full lifetime.
    Highly detailed restored body in period single stage factory color, accented by detailed factory look undercoating.
    Lights and trim- all proper 67 S.
    Suspension and brakes are completely rebuilt and highly detailed.
    All new Interior will be installed, seats in period German vinyl with basket weave inserts. Seats and panels by Autobahn Interiors.
    All Chrome parts down to the smallest detail will be re-chromed by Queen City Plating.
    Correct Zinc and Cad plating throughout.
    Period wiring harness rebuilt.
    4.5” Fuchs with 165/15 Vredestein Sprint Classic tires. Rims restored by Weidman’s Wheels.
    Restorations are supported by GMT’s extensive parts collection that includes many NOS parts and hard to find accessories” . . .

(Not mine)
    Damage = $175k

Hmm . . . sounds very 'deluxe,' but . . . no mention of CoA
    http://bringatrailer.com/2012/08/31/...ation-project/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 08-31-2012 at 12:42 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

John Wurner? He is kidding, right?

Restoration of the sub-assemblies is in progress. Of course, the original numbers-matching engine and transmission will be restored to stock and installed. The transmission is already completed by Rothsport in Portland, Oregon, and the engine will also be restored to the highest standard and then Dyno tested, also by Rothsport . . .
    Randy K. Germany /Oregon Way too many put away way too many gone !

Quote Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
    That tidbit was added after the fact.

M

I am sorry you know not of what you speak

No it was not It is 10:20 PM in Germany and I had the original article come in my mail box while at work, since two of the first cars came from me originally and I had copies of BOTH FACTORY CARDEXS I think I might be in a place to know.

I have seen the cars, seen the body work and driven them the car they built that Canepa sold for big dollars was the most amazing vehicle I have ever drivendocile at 35 mph in town or in a long sweper at 120 where it was wailing and glued to the road

It was an amazing vehicle

What is the hating for?

It seems this is less community and more annomosity driven I always appreciated sincere criticism from those in the know but
    Last edited by gmund1948; 09-01-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling sucks
    Randy K. Germany /Oregon Way too many put away way too many gone !

Quote Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
    . . . the original numbers-matching engine and transmission will be restored to stock and installed. . .

Gotcha . . . comments updated accordingly . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Nice Mr Johnson,
    Try to remenber if you cant say something nice....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morris View Post
    Nice Mr Johnson,
    Try to remenber if you cant say something nice....
    It's not about saying something nice or not. John Wurner told me on more than one occasion that he knew very little about 911s. I have the emails to support that if you would like to see them. If you took it as not being nice, then what skeleton are you referring to?

I, for one, hope the selling price is realized or exceeded. My 305829S is digging it.

Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I, for one, hope the selling price is realized or exceeded. My 305829S is digging it.