Thread: What is the Pricetag on a set of genuine RSR seats in fair condition?

What is the Pricetag on a set of genuine RSR seats in fair condition?

Hi I have my hands on a set (driver/passenger) of genuine RSR Seats.
    They are used but still ok in original cover, no holes no tears.
    Anyone here has some figures how they sold in the past?
    Need to set a limit for the auction in Ladenburg.

Thanks

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 09-09-2012 at 01:21 AM.

RSR seats

ULI
    I am looking for a 1973 RSR driver seat, or maybe a driver and pass seat if i have to buy a set. Any pictures? They should have no headrests, no adjustor on the sides, one piece black cloth cover. My e-mail mcurnow@comcast.net

Mike Curnow
    Mike

Hi Mike, yes I am aware that you are looking for one seat, but as I won't split the pair and need to buy a daily driver I will bring them to Marcel Seidel to put them in the november auction in Ladenburg.
    They are the correct RSR seats, pics follow next weekend.
    I don't know where to put the limit price.
    I was thinking north of 6k€ as a limit for the auction (hoping they fetch a bit more) and was wondering whther there is a sales history on these very rare seats.

Thanks

Uli

A set for sale on ebay right now.....$10,000 US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Porsche...a2a382&vxp=mtr

Uli, your price is right there.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

I bought an origional passenger seat , with silver sliders 10 months ago - not concourse - for $600.00.
    Mike

Gents, I had a pair of these in my 73 clone. They are beautiful to "look" at, but probably the worst performance seats you could choose. Realize, the factory back in the day was forced to make a "reclining" seat to homologate. Their solution was to literally saw the bucket in half and put a turnbuckle hinge in place and thus satisfy the "reclining" rule. As such, they are flimsy and offer very little support, let alone any crash protection or longevity . The factory would replace these after a few races so I am told, what did they care? Anyway, yeah they look cool but unless it's for a museum piece they are the last seat you want for support and safety. John

Hi Zuluracerx,

the seats are real RSR seats, not the thumbscrew with perlon cover or rallye with perlon cover.
    Driver seat with holes for 5 (or 6) pt harness and passenger seat also with different contour to the standard RS / Recaro rallye seat.
    Pics follow next weekend

Thanks

Uli

First pics.

Name:  P1030919_k.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  69.8 KB
    Name:  P1030921_k.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  110.8 KB

So finally after looking at them exactly it is obvious that the driver seat is not an original.
    It is a repro probably still 70's or 80´s (need some stamp collector to find out as parts of the shipping tag are still on the bottom) but not a genuine recaro.
    However the passenger seat is original with the RSR upper slider which are lighter than the normal ones (no sandwich plate).
    But even the repro is better than the now available ones as it hasn´t got the glossy gelcoat finish.
    @mike I'll give you a call (already tried today) as I won't sell the repro @ ladenburg.
    Cheers

Uli

Cheers

Uli

The Ladenburg Catalogue is online
    http://www.autotechnikauktion.de/mg/...&BUTTON=Suchen

Cheers