Thread: A would you be interested question.

S caliper adaptors and seat hinges

Hello everyone. I have a set of old German made 3 1/2 inch S caliper adaptors for the SWB cars. They are HEAVY. I'm looking into having them reproduced in aluminum. You could then keep your front suspension and put SC, Carrera, early S. or Boxter calipers on your car. I know many of you have updated to SC and Carrera suspensions but for those who haven't this may be another way to get more stopping power. I think they could be made and sold for under $200.00 a set. Would there be any interest? TRE has a adaptor to fit a boxter caliper to the rear of SWB cars
    Thanks, Chris
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-14-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added seat hinges

Chris, can you post photos to see exactly what you're offering? Thanks

I'll shoot some pictures in the next day or two. They are currently at a production company to figure out what it will cost to produce them. They would look something like this without the heatshield tabs. Arrows point to heat shield tabs. I think this caliper bracket is a 3.0 inch bracket for mounting the calipers. The ones I have are 3.5 inch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-14-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Hear is a picture of the old steel S caliper adaptor. It would be made out of 7000 series aluminum. I don't remember the number of the alloy at the moment. Here are a couple partial pictures showing the quality of manufacturing I'll be using. Sorry for the picture quality, I used my iphone.

My seat hinges would be produced by the same supplier. The one pictured I finished by hand. Their's would be much nicer.
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Encouraging. From England.

Caliper adaptors
    Chris,
    Seen your post.
    Definitely in for a set.

The seat hinges are coming along also. I had to use a mismatched upper and lower laying around as my car is already in California. I'll install these and shoot a few pictures when I'm out there. The interior restoration shops I've talked to seem very interested. I'll be in SoCal the last week of the month and will stop by a few out there. I hope to have a website next month.