Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Join this club...

In addition to the restriction on posting images I would add that if not a member then you cannot sell parts or cars here.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by luke-44 View Post
    Can you adjust some settings so maybe pictures for example are only viewable to paid members? Or only pg 1 of a thread. Just a thought....
    Agreed. There isn't any real incentive to being a paying member over a registered member, if the primary thing you are looking for is information. I like the quarterly magazine and the sticker I get in the mail once a year, but I'm really in it for the fantastic information resource, becoming aware that parts I am seeking are available for purchase, and the "networking opportunity" with like-minded folks. I'd like to think that every once in a while I have something of value to contribute

I view the subscription cost as both an entertainment and tuition expense, understanding that actual resources (i.e. $$ from somewhere) are required to keep the thing running. In fairness, I went about a year without paying for this service because I didn't have to. Unfortunately, conscience alone is not a sufficent motivator for everyone.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 09-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Paid. This club is great. Thanks,
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by popowitz View Post
    In addition to the restriction on posting images I would add that if not a member then you cannot sell parts or cars here.

Agreed, not only post images, but view as well. And not just sell, but also even view the classifieds...along the lines of the PCA site. Some would say this put undue restrictions on the size of thee audience for our paid members who have posted classifieds, but PCA solves this by offering a temporary subscription for those who are looking to buy a P-car or parts but aren't yet members. A serious buyer would gladly pay a reduced fee to see what's in the For Sale section imo.

To answer David’s question:

The ratio between registered message board users (you can see the stats at the bottom of the front forum page) and the paid S Registry club members is roughly 10%.......Of course that’s NOT including 60% more ‘guests’ than registered users at ANY given time on this board.

The main goals of this board has always been to expand the knowledge base and opportunities for our small community… and so far we think we’ve done a pretty good job.

Well, through long past due recognition of our cars (with their accompanying financial escalation) this once small community has sky rocketed exponentially.

We will take all these suggestions under consideration………

However, until then, I suppose the only tool we have to rely on is our non-paid message board user’s sense of fairness…

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

deluxeco
    I'm a multi-year paid member. First of all, big thanks to Chuck, Mike, John and crew for all their efforts. I think you've done a fantastic job. This is a great resource for anyone interested in 911s and related topics because of the depth and breadth of information available, including the pictures and the classifieds. If the pix or classified were restricted to paying members, I'd expect to see much less of that content, and over time the value of the site would decrease for me. As I see it, the cost of membership is a great bargain, even with the free-riders. I think the free riders bring some value to the site when they post information or classifieds. Without sufficient traffic and content, its hard to sustain a site. In a just world, everyone would join and pony up to support the site, but in the here and now that seems not to be the case, so maybe site traffic is up to a point where some on-line advertising could help pay the bills?
    Ian Smith
    ES # 1523
    Skateboards
    Bicycles
    Motorcycles
    Truck
    Carrera

Lightbulb

First of all, big thanks to Chuck, Mike, John and crew for all their efforts.
    We can't forget our 4th advisor Fred Trueman, the keeper and up-dater of our great data base.......

Without sufficient traffic and content, it's hard to sustain a site.
    I tend to agree ...

In a just world, everyone would join and pony up to support the site
    We can only hope...

maybe site traffic is up to a point where some on-line advertising could help pay the bills?
    We are diligently working on this.......

Thanks for your input and support Ian...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

deluxeco
    So sorry I omitted Fred! Hadn't coffeed up enuf apparently.
    Ian Smith
    ES # 1523
    Skateboards
    Bicycles
    Motorcycles
    Truck
    Carrera

Thanks to the staff that keeps this site going. I would hate to think what would happen to our hobby without the site. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Maybe advertise the existence of Esses as a paying-member-only magazine a little more ? The membership price is worth it just for the magazine. The Forum is gravy.. Or is it vice versa ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002