Thread: Porsche 930 Turbo Race Engine 3.2L

Porsche 930 Turbo Race Engine 3.2L

Porsche 930 Turbo Race Engine

This is a strong 1986 930 Turbo Race engine that runs very good.
    This Engine started it's life as a factory 3.3 liter- with of course the different 3.2 intake, which could possibly make it a 3.4. It features 3.2 plenems, new twin plug distributor, fuel pump and custom fuel distributor bracket (requires minor fabrication when installing). The # is 67P00343 and the Internal designation # is 930/66 which means it is a rest of world car. There is some minor damage to the impellor, caused by what we think was a small object falling through the intake.

Cylinder leakage is as follows:
    1- 98lbs 2-4% leakage
    2- 100lbs 3% leakage
    3- 95lbs 12% leakage (exhaust side)
    4- 103lbs 8% leakage
    5- 98lbs 3% leakage
    6- 95lbs 12% leakage (exhaust side)

*The transmission is not included in the deal, but is for sale.
    Please email us to see a youtube video of the motor in action

What I can tell you on the 3.3 motor is only what I know, it was bought from Chuck at Redline Porsche in Tucson Az. a month ago. Ironically I sold him the car a few years ago for one of his customers. I had bought three cars from a guy named Dave Hall up in the Pacific N/W as a kind of package deal. I understand this car came from Bruce Levin that use to race 935’s in IMSA back in the 80’s with Peter Greg as his driver. Redline Porsche were the ones that leaked it down and had sorted the car out as it had a miss in it when I bought it and sold it to them. This motor was removed from his customers car very recently that decided to go with a NA motor for his own reasons. Redline has a video of it running before it was removed from the car. Other then what I have stated I don’t know anything more about the internals or condition other then it was a good runner when it came out of the car based on what I was told. What was recently figured out was that it is still a 3.3 by pulling the tin and looking in at the finless barrels which are stock 3.3. All I know it was very fast when I drove it and I have driven a number of these cars and it for sure had some good power compared to a stock motor. Jim Torres.