Hello Gents,

I have just returned from San Diego and finally enjoyed in person the '72T I was kindly guided towards by the helpful folks on this forum. However, I am now having fears of problems with her during the colder early-spring and late-fall months (Montreal, Quebec, Canada.) The engine is a '77 turbo case, 46mm PMO carbs, EFI, 3.0L (see my avatar). What ignition system would be best for those cold weeks ? Is there a real benefit to the MSD systems for idle and start up under colder climates ?

Having driven the car in San Diego, I now foresee myself driving it all too often. Mark Kinninger's work on this engine is amazing, his goal may have been to create a race engine but the end result is a truly usable power plant. She still has torque below 3k such that I can put her in 3rd and have a conversation while engaged in regular street driving, bring it back into 2nd though and rev her ... you're sitting in a track car and she'll remind you.

Thanks for any help, I realize the engine is not "early" but I am hoping to catch a few of the north-east Gruppe members'.