Thread: 911E on Ebay

911E on Ebay

Not mine but looks like a nice car.....is it my computer screen or my eyes but does the rear section of engine bay where decals go and the sides by tail lights look to have body repair? ad states no accident. comments

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_23889wt_1182

I JUST stumbled on the same ebay ad. Good timing, eh?

For reference: (not mine)
    VIN 9110220503

"This is an all original 1970 911E coupe with 80k original miles, 2.2E Coupe! This car is a perfect example of an all original and honest example that you don’t see offered quite often. This car is optioned with the alloy 911S calipers, 911S gauges, and 911S trim all around the car. It was originally signal orange, but was professionally repainted years ago. It was a glass-out repaint and done at a very high quality level. The body is as sound as can be. The gapping and panel fit is perfect, just like it left the factory. Structurally, the car has no rust and very solid and dry underneath! The original front pan is in excellent shape. The whole underneath is incredibly dry and original. It is accident free. The car sat for a few years before I replaced the whole fuel system (hoses, clamps, filters) as well as cleaned the tank. Oil change was done with Castrol oil. Mechanically, the engine runs phenomenally strong. Pulls hard and idles great. It doesn’t smoke. Truly runs great. MFI is tuned well considering its age and technology! The heat exchangers do have small leak. The gearbox shifts smooth as butter. The 901 box is very cool with its dog-leg 1st gear down! Clutch is great. The brakes are a bit soft and may need a master cylinder in the near future. All the lights and electronics work as they should. I kid you not; this car still has the original Cibie sealed beam headlights from when it rolled out of the factory in 1970. So essentially it never had its headlights burned out and replaced! The original radio works great. This is a very rare optioned Motorola “Porsche” radio. This has the original “Porsche” script faceplate/ AM/FM button. This super cool radio plays through its original single speaker in the dash! The speaker sounds old-school when you listen to it (especially classic 1970s rock), almost like you just traveled back in time 40 years ago! The interior of this 2.2E coupe is magnificent. You can’t get much more original than this. Everything about this interior is original. The carpets, seats, upholstery, headliner, dash, radio, seatbelts, coco-mats, and door panels/pockets are 100% original. The carpets have a couple wear spots, but that part of the patina. The driver’s door pocket is warped and will need to be reupholstered. The passenger door pocket is in strikingly good shape. Even the original leather steering wheel that has the original cross stitching is in excellent shape. All 4 seatbelts are the original “Repa” seatbelts with the red “triggers” which is unique for that year. The seats are near perfect shape with its original firmness and shape, something that the best restorers cannot even duplicate. The exterior trim is amazing original shape. The only major flaw is the rear window molding has popped off in one corner, but the seal still keeps water out. This car also has the original Porsche orange bar hood crest in wonderful shape. The front trunk is clean and solid. The original front trunk carpet is in almost perfect shape. There are still pieces of carpet glued to the trunk body which is hardly ever seen. The carpet was snapped and glued to the inner trunk body at the factory, however 99% of the time people had ripped the carpet from the glue. The car comes with the original spare wheel, jack, original car cover bag, and complete toolkit. In addition to this, it comes with the paperwork, original owner’s manual, and the Original Porsche maintenance record booklet when sold new with the original owner’s name and address filled in along with the service stamps. This is a rare opportunity to bid on a SUPER ORIGINAL 70’ 2.2E coupe that is a great honest driver and will get a thumbs up every time you fire it up and take her on a drive. These early 911s are the pure-bred 911 that has redefined what a true sport car should be over the course of nearly 50 years in production. Porsche has always set the benchmark for true driver’s car, where feedback from the road to the driver can be no closer and where the pleasure of driving is unmatched. Many will agree that this driving pleasure can be best experienced in an early 911 with raw MFI power."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kentf14; 09-28-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Yup that's my car. Absolutely no filler. Straight as an arrow. I really should have got the rear latch panel painted since it's the only area of the car that really needs cosmetic attention, but its an easy job to paint.

Sold i think ?
    In very good price....

JLC
    69 912 BARN FIND......55Kmiles
    79 SC us import

1702 member

$37,670

Richard

That rear latch panel is from a 73 on.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    That rear latch panel is from a 73 on.

Regards
    Mike
    I thought that looked familiar. My original '73-now in the dumpster. Modest rear end hit, but never repaired properly.
    IMG_0093.jpg
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK