Thread: Buyer beware. Fraudulent E-bay seller

Buyer beware. Fraudulent E-bay seller

Admins if this is not appropriate please move or delete as you feel necessary.

I just thought I would warn others here about a seller by the name of PHANTOM COMPOSITES. He is selling tails, ( duck and others ) that he claims are M.A. Shaws parts, at about half of Shaws prices. I took the chance and orderd one for my 73. Upon opening the box I knew immediately this was not one of M.A. Shaws lids as I have bought several for customers from him. I immediately called Mike to let him know about this, and he confirmed they are not his parts. The fit is pretty shoddy, the mold release wasn't even cleaned off, there are lumps in it, the corners looks like a dog chewed on them and the lines are all over the place. To further this guys scam, he simply photocopied the instruction sheet that Getty provides with their tales. I spoke with another ducktail buyer who left neg feedback. He too owns a shop and told me his top body man has 25 hours in making this turd fit right. I'm probably going to cut the insides out and use a steel lid inner structure to make it fit properly
    Last edited by Scotty B; 10-02-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

"Half the price" and "neg feedback"...I'd say you were properly informed before the purchase.

Check the guys ad before trying to slam me in an open forum please.

There was ONE neg feedback prior to my purchase. Mine is the second. Half the price yes, but I had hoped this was actually Mike selling some defective pieces. YES I should have called him first to confirm, and no I'm not trying to pawn off my decision on someone else. I just thought I would keep the rest of the community from making the same mistake. . Obviously my faith in mankinds honesty is much greater then it should be

As for all the positve feedback he has, most people may be hapy with his wares, but those looking for a proper fitting part need to be warned

Thanks for trying to make me look the fool
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects