Thread: Andre Monet, the Queen, the Royals, and Steve McQueen - ART

Andre Monet, the Queen, the Royals, and Steve McQueen - ART

Dear fellow fanatics,

In the last few years a friend has been rocketed up the world art scene, in no small part due to following in Andy Warhol's footsteps as the chosen artist for the wedding portrait of the young royals. Last year, this was followed by the portrait for the Queen's Jubilee. I have enjoyed Andre's work immensely, and have watched him grow over the years. Here are a few links before I continue.

His own page: http://www.andremonet.com/#!home/mainPage
    Opera Gallery New York: http://www.operagallery.com/ny/ny8/monet-andre.html
    A TV spot when he did the wedding portraits: http://blogs.canoe.ca/ent/mj-live-fr...n/andre-monet/
    Original AFP news: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...788c78659e.1a1

Having recently developed the 70's P-car passion, I found myself watching Le Mans with Steve McQueen just a few months ago. And now, I am asking Andre to produce the famous two fingered salute as one of his portraits. One of the VERY interesting things about Andre's paintings is the fact that his canvas is old book pages ... look closer. In other words, someone could send old porsche documents, maybe an old Sports Purpose manual and have it integrated into the painting.

He has agreed to do a few McQueens and can sell directly, payment would go straight to the artist. Here are the prices; to these prices must be added insured shipping from London and the 250-1000 for the wooden frame he has built for each piece, the frames are not optional as the white "caisse" form is a trademark for him.

28x22=$4200
    30x38=$7300
    36x48 = $10400
    45x60 =$16000

I would like to share in this opportunity with the people who have helped me develop the obsession ! Since the scam factor on the NET is huge, here is a picture of a personal mini he did for my 40th and a picture of us walking through London ... though I cannot remember :-)

My apologies if in the wrong place, could not figure out if "general" or "other porsche passion" or one of the sale groups. Also, I thought this was a decent opportunity for art folks, I meant well in putting it here, mea culpa if bad etiquette.

London Nights.jpg
    My Einstein.jpg
    Frederic D - #2405
    Cogita Mori - Vivere Disce
    Betty '72T, 3.0L PMOs, STRish body.

Really ? No interest ? The McQueen two finger salute ! By A.Monet ?

Well, PM me if interested. Will be removed once my painting is done in 30x38. Here is the McQueen image to be made into a painting ... and one of my other A.Monets with a perty porsche book.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Frederic D - #2405

Just in case anyone might actually be interested, here is the first completed McQueen as commissioned by myself. In the same post, the official Royal portraits that have made him famous.

AndreMonet Royal Portraits.jpg
    Fred Dankoff McQueen FO.jpg
    Frederic D - #2405