Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
Isn't is interesting that we will excuse what otherwise might be taken as rude behavior when the guy has earned his credentials in the automotive community? Give the guy credit if he's gotten to "another level" and get over his brashness. Probably the charitible thing to do...

Absolutely awesome example of a tii. What's the high water mark for these cars right now? Actual sold comps would be nice.
Well isn't rudeness a cultural thing that changes its definition depending on where you are sitting (or standing)? I would think saying what you think directly is somewhat the norm in NYC for instance. Whereas couching what could be a mean or destructive comment within gentler words might be what is considered polite in other parts. And of course you can only imagine what is not considered polite in a place like Japan for instance. Being from NYC I found travel there very difficult as I had to consider everything I did or said down to exchanging business cards, (hold card with two hands, keep at the same level as other offered card, do not put card in your wallet and sit on it...etc.) So I always thought Jamie's directness was a breath of fresh air compared to so much else in the American car mags. You know those writers get flown all over the world, stay in nice hotels, get fed great meals and are supposed to honestly review the cars. Hah!

As for my turbo I have a odyssey rebuilding the KKK turbo that would make Homer proud. And after three years it is still not working. If anyone has parts for a 1974 KKK turbo for a BMW 2002 please let me know.