Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luggage compartment light wiring help

Luggage compartment light wiring help

Anyone have a photo of the luggage compartment light harness, trying to figure out the PO wiring job.

It currently has a power lead to the switch, black with white?

Can anyone please confirm where the earth goes?

Thanks in advance, these wiring diagrams for my 69 are driving me crazy.
    Tony

The ground (or earth!) always goes to the pushbutton switch mounted on the right side (driver side for you) hood hinge. Same for all years, not a 69 thing. Need a picture, I'll take one.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed,

That's what I thought. What had me confused, was the PO appears to have used, what looked like factory color coded wire, black with white, running from the switch, and it didn't make sense.

It's the last light system I'm putting in the car before I hook he batteries up and test.....didn't want to fry anything.

3 amp inline fuse went in last night, so the light circuit should be safe?

Thanks again.
    Tony

Tony, the black/white is the 'power' wire and brown (universal DIN ground) goes to the push button switch. Doncha' just love it when people get creative with the wire colors
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed, yes is does.

Every other bit of wiring that has been done in the past, they just used red, but that one had me thinking.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Tony

One more question if I might jump on to the thread. What wire does the black&white wire coming off of the lamp harness attach to? Mine is just hanging with the spade connector on the B&W light swinging in the breeze. I've never been able to track down where this should connect.

Thanks!
    Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Kent, you should see a mate to that wire laying on the trunk floor just behind the hood strut area. It is a male/female spade (do I need to explain that ) kind of connection so there should only be one possibility here, and at least originally each end had a little rubber cover over it (back to that sexual innuendo again) If you need pictures I could take some, but they'd have to be sent in a plain brown wrapper!
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks for the info Ed. For some reason my male wire coming off the light just can't seem to find a suitable female partner
    I've got only one wire in the vicinity that isn't connected to anything and this wire doesn't seem to have any juice.
    Ed, can you tell me what color partner wire I should be looking for? Maybe it's tucked away somewhere under the blower motor or something. If I knew what to look for I might be able to find it.

Thanks!
    Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I'll try to do you a picture tomorrow!
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

trunk light

Here ya go Kent, see if this helps,
    Attached Images Attached Images