Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 65-73 country codes

65-73 country codes

I wondered if someone could provide a correct list of country codes for our cars or some info about from what year they were used?
    The only one I have found here is the later one posted by Raj: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...on-code-c07-is

These codes should at least be used from 1970.

Thanks, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

member #1515
    I think they are in the RS book. I'll look and scan later.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thanks David,
    Much appreciated!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

They are in Bruce Anderson's first 911 book. Italy M34 etc.

member #1515
    This is what was in the RS book
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

On pg 236 you will find what you are looking for in BA's 911performance handbook. A sampling: greece m24, california m27, italy m34, gb m61, sweden m62, canada m113, spain m119, france m124, japan m193, belgium m225, switzerland m277, germany m499 plus more plus all the m codes for 911 options, sport seats etc. The list also shows world, usa, and not for usa specific designations for each code. The book was published in 1987 but includes a lot of info on all early 911s.
    Last edited by steve shea; 10-27-2012 at 12:35 PM.

member #1515
    David

Thanks David! This is the first time I have seen the JF code somewhere else than on a piece of paper from the factory. I believe the codes in your link are later ones.

Steve: I can´t find the list you are referring to in the book. I have the 3rd edition of BA´s Performance Handbook. Where are they supposed to be? Appendices??

OK, this is what I try to sort out: When I bought my 2,2S, I believed it was imported used to Japan. Later I found out it was probably sold new there by Mitsuwa Motors. The JF code supports this. But I have also got a C04. This is a Länderausstattung code (country specific equipment), but it seem to me that these C-codes are also referred to as simply country codes.

So: It would be of great help if someone could confirm C04 is a code for Japan.

Thanks, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Ramund
    according to the information in the RS book C04 was country equipment for Japan. However so was C08. From the other information I think C04 was for 1972 calendar year, and possibly earlier, and C08 was for 1973 and possibly later.

in looking at different country codes compared to delivery information there are a number of things that are apparent. For individual countries (apart from the Japan example) the code did change through the RS run for some but not all countries and it appears to have changed on a calendar year production basis. This would be consistent with changes in regulations in those countries at the time. Also some countries shared country codes, such as England and Hong Kong. Also there were some German delivered cars with different country codes and i assume that was because they had been ordered either via the factory or by the German dealer specifically to comply with a certain country so that they could be taken there.

Here is a table i constructed from information in the RS book.

Name:  New Picture.png
Views: 6446
Size:  33.8 KB

so in answer to your question i would appear that C04 was a japan country code up until the end of 1972 which means it is almost certain to be a Japanese original delivery if it is a 2.2.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Thank you for the fantastic info Hugh! It seem like I can finally conclude it was actually delivered new in Japan! This is of great help because I have not been able to find any history on this car for the last four years. Now I can at least concentrate my efforts to just one country!

Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender