Thread: bilstein jack for 71 T 911

bilstein jack for 71 T 911

I have been looking for a jack for my 1971 T car and have been offered a bilstein 2810 jack. the photos make it look exactly like the one in my origonal owners manual on the page showing "how to change a tire". can anyone confirm this is correct jack?
    al

Photos?

Regards

Jim

bilstein jack

bilstein0001.pdf
    Hi Jim,

It's Al from Sun Valley. I sold my 60 cab that you sold me parts for years ago and bought a 71 t targa. Photo from owners manual shoud be attached. see this site for jack for sale which looks identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-VW-356-901-911-912-Early-Vintage-Bilstein-Jack-/321007768770?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&hash=item4abd8dd4c2#shId&autorefresh=true[/url]

al

Quote Originally Posted by laneranch View Post
    bilstein0001.pdf
    Hi Jim,

It's Al from Sun Valley. I sold my 60 cab that you sold me parts for years ago and bought a 71 t targa. Photo from owners manual shoud be attached. see this site for jack for sale which looks identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-VW-356-901-911-912-Early-Vintage-Bilstein-Jack-/321007768770?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&hash=item4abd8dd4c2#shId&autorefresh=true[/url]

al
    Hi Al

That is the correct jack. It is essentially a garden variety VW jack. It just has a longer shaft. Yup, a Porsche 911 has a longer shaft than a VW.

Regards

Jim

Al

That one looks like a VW. I love EBAY. They guy doesn't have a clue what he is selling so he makes a wild guess that is a Porsche part to make it worth a ton of money.
    I know of a junk yard somewhere in Northern California than probably has a correct jack for your Targa. The owner of that place has a 71 911T that he has owned for 39 years.

Regards

Jim

looks correct to me tho I am no expert, this style jack I have seen in most early 912/911 that I've had.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    looks correct to me tho I am no expert, this style jack I have seen in most early 912/911 that I've had.
    It is hard to tell but I still think is could use a double dose of EXTENS
    I'll post pictures tomorrow of both types.

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Al

That one looks like a VW. I love EBAY. They guy doesn't have a clue what he is selling so he makes a wild guess that is a Porsche part to make it worth a ton of money.
    I know of a junk yard somewhere in Northern California than probably has a correct jack for your Targa. The owner of that place has a 71 911T that he has owned for 39 years.

Regards

Jim

You know Jim, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm the one that posted this item on eBay and sold it to Al. After he bought it, I did more research in an attempt to make sure it was product correct before shipping. I did not want Al to end up with the wrong jack if I could help it. As a member of this forum, I came across your post and was disappointed.

I did not make a wild guess and put Porsche on it "to make it worth a ton of money." This jack was purchased along with many Porsche parts from a 356 Cabriolet owner. The owner only had Porsche parts, not VW. However in my research, I found this jack was listed in eBay as a VW item so I put that in my title as well. I could not find parts numbers in my Porsche parts catalogs to match this up further and had to leave it up to the purchaser to determine if it was product correct.

Before listing this item, I spent about 15 minutes cleaning it at the polish wheel then hand rubbed it with oil to help preserve it. I photographed it close up so not to hide any details and presented it with as much detail as I could. My parts are almost always listed as Buy it Now or Make Offer with FREE Shipping. I ship Priority Mail within 1-2 days from payment and have 100% feedback, many noting how fast my items arrive.

It will probably cost me $15 dollars to ship this to Al. Subtract that and the 16% eBay/PayPal fees and this $65 dollar jack will net me about $42. Factor in my time to clean, photograph, research, post, package and ship (30-45 minutes) and well you get the idea of the ton of money I'm making. I thought my price was fair.

If you are interested in learning more about my vision to serve the Porsche community, please visit the website I built for my business PorschePorsche.com. If you'd like to see more about my restorations, career automotive history and dedication to the automotive world, please visit my personal website Groosh.com. My 100% positive eBay id is based on roughly 90+% Porsche parts sales: Groosh33.

I take a lot of pride in my work and presentation of early reconditioned parts for the Porsche community and hope I'm fortunate enough to continue selling to dedicated owners.

Sincerely, Paul Grusche

Quote Originally Posted by Groosh View Post
    You know Jim, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm the one that posted this item on eBay and sold it to Al. After he bought it, I did more research in an attempt to make sure it was product correct before shipping. I did not want Al to end up with the wrong jack if I could help it. As a member of this forum, I came across your post and was disappointed.

I did not make a wild guess and put Porsche on it "to make it worth a ton of money." This jack was purchased along with many Porsche parts from a 356 Cabriolet owner. The owner only had Porsche parts, not VW. However in my research, I found this jack was listed in eBay as a VW item so I put that in my title as well. I could not find parts numbers in my Porsche parts catalogs to match this up further and had to leave it up to the purchaser to determine if it was product correct.

Before listing this item, I spent about 15 minutes cleaning it at the polish wheel then hand rubbed it with oil to help preserve it. I photographed it close up so not to hide any details and presented it with as much detail as I could. My parts are almost always listed as Buy it Now or Make Offer with FREE Shipping. I ship Priority Mail within 1-2 days from payment and have 100% feedback, many noting how fast my items arrive.

It will probably cost me $15 dollars to ship this to Al. Subtract that and the 16% eBay/PayPal fees and this $65 dollar jack will net me about $42. Factor in my time to clean, photograph, research, post, package and ship (30-45 minutes) and well you get the idea of the ton of money I'm making. I thought my price was fair.

If you are interested in learning more about my vision to serve the Porsche community, please visit the website I built for my business PorschePorsche.com. If you'd like to see more about my restorations, career automotive history and dedication to the automotive world, please visit my personal website Groosh.com. My 100% positive eBay id is based on roughly 90+% Porsche parts sales: Groosh33.

I take a lot of pride in my work and presentation of early reconditioned parts for the Porsche community and hope I'm fortunate enough to continue selling to dedicated owners.

Sincerely, Paul Grusche
    Hey Paul

I still feel that way. I've been providing quality used Porsche parts to the Porsche community for 46 years. I make it a point to know what I'm selling and what it fits. You may want to come to my shop in Emeryville, Ca and spend a month or 2 and I'll teach you a fraction of what I know. I have been paying taxes, employing people, paying taxes, complying with every kind of rule and environmental edict known to man, paying taxes, and have a pile of licenses that get renewed yearly at considerable expense.
    You can imagine my comtempt for the internet and all the new faces that can do as they please, sell what they want, describe their products in any manner they want and do it with an assumed name with no consequences.
    Yup, I'm pissed.
    I will admit to being an old Curmudgeon and I realize we live in a differnent world now. I don't have to like it, though. I just wish there was an even playing field. Those of us with a "Brick and Mortar" business are getting the shaft! I just hope it is like the VW one and not a correct 71 911 shaft. Man, that would hurt!
    By the way, your "356/912" flywheel will not come close to fitting in a 356. You would do well to change your description. You can take that as your first lesson in properly describing your stuff.
    If I sell a part that doesn't fit my customer's car it is my fault. Any "Professional" that cares about his clients would do the same. I make it my responsibility to provide a part that fills the needs of my customer. I, certainly, do not leave it up to my client to figure out if some random part in my inventory will fit his car.

Regards

Jim Breazeale
    www.easypor.com

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 10-28-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks for the feedback Jim. You have a great business and provide a tremendous service to the Porsche community. As a customer and one that has referred many clients to your shop and will continue to do so, thank you.

All the best with your continued success.

Paul Grusche