Thread: FS: @eBay - 73 S Targa

FS: @eBay - 73 S Targa

73 911S Targa in Charlotte just went up on ebay. Anybody know anything about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...item43b50d6285

The car belonged to a Registry member until it went East. The car is still associated with him in the rolls. If you are not a member then join and with your membership you will get a list of the members and their cars and you can contact him directly.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

The eBay schtick . . .

. . . 1973 Porsche 911S Targa... number 241 out of 925 total 1973 911S targas

Silver on Black interior
    No racing, rust, or accidents. Actual mileage unknown.
    Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche
    Clean and Clear NC title in hand, I hope you drive it a long way home.

please see 300 hi-resolution photos at http://photobucket.com/1973silver911S

California car until 2005, then climate controlled dehumidified trickle charger full-time garaged in North Carolina with me for the last seven years.
    Service records going back to 1998, including my original PPI from Aase motors
    Engine rebuild by Aase Motors, Fullerton, CA 2001
    JE 2.2 S pistons
    AASCO Valve springs
    Silca-bronze valve guides
    Hot tank, ultrasonic, mag and polish
    honed and balanced
    Oil pump bypass mod
    Carrera tensioners update
    Club Sport motor mounts
    Billet Crower rods
    Retains original refurbished Mechanical Fuel Injection
    5-speed 915 gearbox with 80% Limited Slip Differential rebuilt by Jim Privett Motorsports
    Centerforce dual friction clutch
    Fidanza Flywheel
    22mm front and rear Automotion sway bars
    Porsche RSR struts
    Bilstein inserts all around
    SAW performance 28mm sway-a-way torsion bars
    turbo Upper/lower valve covers, all silicone gaskets
    Dansk Original Style Sport Performance polished Stainless Steel Exhaust
    Stainless steel SSI heat exchangers
    NOS dashboard with zero cracks or blemishes
    Hirschmann antenna
    The clock has always worked
    Professionally installed Billy Boat aluminum front oil cooler with receipts

Sport seats

Original CORRECT and COMPLETE tool kit and original jack, with spare fuses in paper

Original floors, battery boxes, and pans in very good condition.

This 911S just spent three weeks with my mechanic, Black Forest Racing http://www.blackforestracing.com/ who was told to make everything correct for the next owner. Oil change, engine R&R. He removed the engine and transmission and has it running and shifting perfectly, John was instructed to fix anything else he could find. If you are a serious bidder I can provide you John’s contact information and you can ask him anything about this Porsche he looks after. Mechanically and cosmetically everything on this car has always been done with an open checkbook making sure that it is ready to go.

Rebuilt MFI and new throttle linkage
    Rebuilt S brakes with DFR to ATE Super blue-N
    SWEPCO in transaxle, New brakes, tires, sealed gel batteries, DFR every fluid
    Lowered and computer 4 wheel alignment, corner balance, and 7R rim spacers installed by racing shop zuffenhaus.us here in Charlotte
    New Bosch Euro H4 headlights, high beams installed on relay
    Becker europa radio, looks great but not wired up
    85 liter (22.5 gallon) original date stamped Porsche plastic rally fuel tank installed with correct NOS brackets and hardware

Harvey Weidman refinished 911R - 7 inch rear wheels with spacers and Bridgestone pole position Potenza RE960AS 205/60

Weidman refinished 6 inch front rims with Bridgestone pole position Potenza RE960AS 185/65

All four 3 prong cap RS frosted finish like new from Weidman

Harvey refinished a fifth rim/6 inch spare. Because of the 85L racing tank I put a working collapsible spare from a 944 in the bonnet for emergencies, (I was never able to find anyone locally who could mount the collapsible rubber tire on the newly refinished rim and guarantee they wouldn’t scratch it so you can have both with the sale and get them put together to stow in the bonnet)

I saved every piece removed from this Porsche
    and will include them for you to
    re-install for originality or discard.

So also pictured and included with this 911S are all of the following items :

Pair HELLA 169 fog lights including original NLA brackets, dash retains original fog switch

Currently has smaller 380mm 914-6/911RS 14 inch steering wheel double-wrapped thick leather professionally and correctly stitched recovered, AND the original 400mm wheel in great shape comes with car.

Black with grey flecks all four floor mats from cocomats.com

Original Repa seat belts removed but included in sale, installed are new vw tension belts

The original orange bar hood crest was removed and repro installed when the price skyrocketed and it is included in bubble wrap,

Owner’s manual and red cover in excellent condition

Porsche paper key fob on zip-tie

Original steel trailing arms, aluminum installed

pair of rare H1 euro headlights, sugarscoop trim rings

original axles, side mirror, sunvisors, door hinges, door strikers, four original/cracking dash knob covers, washer setup, smog canister, please see http://photobucket.com/1973silver911S for pictures of all items included with sale.

Included receipts since 1998.

Porsche Club of America and 911SRegistry member.

30 minute drive from Charlotte International Airport (CLT) – I recommend and welcome inspections and test drives prior to auction end . . .

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    911R wheels... hummm...

member #1515
    very nice looking car.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Very nice car, but . . .
    I wonder what happened to the red reflectors on the rear deco strip next to the bumper guards?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548