Hi Guys

My name is Michael - I live in South Africa. Currently I don't have a pre-74 911 but I had a 68 911S Targa and a 73 RS Replica (made out of a 73 911T). I have had a few other 911s and I currently have a really original 81 930 alongside a Ferrari 308 and Lamborghini Diablo.

My two friends have some fantastic collections as well with between them four 964 RSs, 72 911E, 71 911E, 91 964 C4 Targa and a few others.

Anyhow, my one friend and I are constantly debating what to get next and pre-74's are the most common debate at the moment.

I am very interested to hear the views from the forum about:

1. 911E values vs 911S - having owned an S but driven a few Es, my view is that the E is far more useable owing to the flexibility of the engine - could the E be the bargain of the moment?
2. How important are matching numbers? if a car has a model and year correct engine but not its original one - what price differential could one expect?
3. My old S was for sale in Germany a few years back - does anyone have a list of chassis numbers to see where it is now (chassis number 11850212)

Anyhow, there are a few cars surfacing here in SA and at the Highveld (where I live) it is very dry and rust isn't generally a problem.

I look forward to responses.

Kind regards