Thread: Any Italian members?

Any Italian members?

Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be heading out for a 6 month assignment in Grottaglie, Italy. My car will not be joining me and I may need to see an old 911 now and again to keep from getting too homesick.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Rich, Grottaglie is not exactly the center of the italian porsche scene, but you can enjoy the fine weather and food of southern Italy. If you stay in Milan or nearby, we can arrange to meet and see a few early cars, so you'll not get homesick.

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Grottaglie ... are you in the USAF, by chance? Check it out Nardo' circuit, it's not so far and owned by Porsche http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/p...aly-2012-04-12

Rgds

Massimo
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    Rich, Grottaglie is not exactly the center of the italian porsche scene, but you can enjoy the fine weather and food of southern Italy. If you stay in Milan or nearby, we can arrange to meet and see a few early cars, so you'll not get homesick.

Andrea
    Andrea, thanks...I am so looking forward to some fine weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    Grottaglie ... are you in the USAF, by chance? Check it out Nardo' circuit, it's not so far and owned by Porsche http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/p...aly-2012-04-12

Rgds

Massimo
    Massimo, not USAF, Boeing. Thanks for the tip on the track.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Rich, grottaglie for italians that live in milan like me or andrea-vipergreen it's like Albuquerque for a us citizen that live in Boston ......

Btw, if you'll come to milan ( very cheap from bari via plane) we can arrange a meeting!

Ciao
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Lambert View Post
    Massimo, not USAF, Boeing. Thanks for the tip on the track.
    So ... F35 thingies, I guess ... have fun!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Rich,

If you get too 911 sick, afte you have some great food with the guys in Italy, you can fly , flights are cheap, here to Spain, Alicante, i will arrange for you to have a great week end here, with some Porsches.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Lambert View Post
    Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be heading out for a 6 month assignment in Grottaglie, Italy. My car will not be joining me and I may need to see an old 911 now and again to keep from getting too homesick.
    hello Rich, if you like you could call me by email at ribachio@libero.it it should be a pleasure to arrange a meeting to visit a specialized 356 and early911 restoring workshop and steering wheel restoring workshop here. Have a good trip R.

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    Rich, Grottaglie is not exactly the center of the italian porsche scene
    Maybe he could try to get in touch with Sicilian Porsche enthusasts, some of them with personal or family Targa Florio history. Actually, I'm not sure flight connections make the trip worthwhile.
    I live in Milan, too, but I'm just a member of the "couch potato" or "armchair enthusiast" kind, and I don't own any life-size Porsche car, nor could I afford it.

Regards,

Marco (yes, this is one reason why Mark Donohue became my pre-teen hero)