Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COA came in tell me what you think.

COA came in tell me what you think.

My 1969 rolled of the line 12/20/1968

Anyone have some spare fuchs with date stamps from 8/68 to 12/68 they want to give away for cheap.

My interior code says leather 9822 which I think is wrong. The car has a well worn drivers seat and 68,000 original miles it is leatherette.

The passenger seat looks perfect and matches perfect to the drivers but is just in better shape. I'm ignoring the coa on that one, it came with leathertte and that is what I'm going with.

What say you all?

Good news though I have matching numbers on the car and motor, score.

Congrats Eli.
    As you likely know, the COAs tend to be filled with errors. Often times option codes were recycled over the years and get reported incorrectly on the COA.
    As for your wheels, I wouldn't ask for 12/68 dated wheels as your car has a 12/68 build date. It's unlikely that the factory would have the wheels on a car so soon after Fuchs produced them. The dates tend to be prior to the build month (per the advice you were given on PP).

Any other interesting options?
    Got any photos of your car?
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Yeah that will be tough to do since the deep 6s didn't start production until 8-68. Oh well the hunt begins.
    So I guess im right about the interior code. The car is right the coa is wrong on that one then.

My car was a July 1973, the stamp on the Fuchs rims is June 1973. I also found that if you call Porsche about discrepencies, and can document any differences, they will issue an updated COA. They had no production date, but I just had to show them a picture of the compliance sticker from the door jam that was punched 07/73 and they updated it. There was no extra charge, but you have to send the incorrect one back first.

Interior could have been swapped by the dealer before original purchase...
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

True, it could have been swapped at the dealer. I have already order black vinyl with the basket weave in it. I'm in the process of doing a light restoration on the car just fixing a couple of broken trim parts and miscellaneous stuff that bugs me. Like front map pockets are gone because some one added speakers to the door. Actually I'm hoping I can just put on the map pockets without pulling out the speakers. The car has 68,000 orginal miles and it looks like it. Here are some pictures of the interior but you can see that drivers side is slit pretty bad and passengers is fine. It really does not look to my eye like the seats were messed with ever.

Take a look tell me what you guys think.Name:  IMG_20121012_162642.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  89.4 KBName:  IMG_20121012_162700.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  81.3 KBName:  IMG_20121012_162654.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  52.2 KB

Tell me what you think. Called autos international because I was panicked after getting my coa that I was installing the wrong interior. Now thinking about it I think the car is right and COA is mistaken. The good new is I have a matching motor, heck yeah.

Please give me some feed back. The last thing I want to do is spend money only to have to spend more for correcting something I screwed up. You can see the original seat filled peaking through.
    Last edited by Eli; 11-10-2012 at 05:24 AM.

member #1515
    I would have taken advantage and gone with the COA. Leather is so much nicer and smells better too.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I'm very flexible on this, I get what you are putting down David leather is nicer. I wouldn't mind doing some leather fronts styled like those in the back and honestly looking at the backs they look like leather.

Please keep the advise coming. I want to get the car right for resale if I decided to sell it. Anyone have a pic of some black leather seats from 1969 era?

member #1515
    I think there is a "show your seats" thread here.
    Leather when new will look very similar to the plastic seats but it ages so much better. Vinyl never gets a patina , it just cracks, and it's miserable to sit in unless you like a sweaty butt. Cloth insert would be nice too.
    As to mileage, that could just as easy be 168,000 miles. I'd put more faith in chassis and engine condition than the speedo.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

The Chassis and engine are in great shape. The car has no rust on it, all the usual places where you find rust are clean and there is no sign of repair.

I will take a look at the show your seats thread.

As fair as adding value to the car adding leather seats with or without cloth inserts would be a plus?