Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 68 912 Golden Green fresh interior and Paint $21500

FS: 68 912 Golden Green fresh interior and Paint $21500

To many cars. I hate to sell it but its time to let somebody else take it to the next level. To much to list now but if you want to talk about it please PM me here with phone number. I am the third owner, never any rust on chasis, small rust spot was repaired on pasenger door where drain was plugged. Purchased from second owner who owned car for 30 plus years. This car has always been well loved. No oil drips, just fixed those a few months ago. Located in beautiful, Paducah, KY.
    http://s167.beta.photobucket.com/use...17939430420036
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Nice photos beautiful car,I had its twin years ago. an amazing color in person when fresh like this. I'll say that's a bargain for such a nice car considering that a 911 in that color and condition would cost you 4-5 times that much and I dont know that one would have that much more fun for his money than with this beauty. GLWTS
    ........ heck luck will not have anything to do, it will sell itself!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

The green is fine. But, I like that 240D too! Stick is the only way to own one of Mercedes "slower" diesels.
    (is it for sale?)

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Sweet car, Bill. Someone's getting a hell of a deal.
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

Thanks everybody. Looks like its sold and maybe going back to where it came from in southern CA. Sort of a funny story about the car and its original owner. In 68 he purchased a silver 912, had it a few weeks and the car was stolen. His logic told him, "buy the ugliest damn car i can find, so nobody in thier right mind will even consider stealing it".

I've stayed in touch with the second owner, and kept him informed about the process of restoration. That was one of the terms of the sale. It was more of an adoption than a sale. I have really enjoyed the 912, and i know it is one that i will regret selling, but I've got another huge project waiting in the wings, an Italien delivery Dalmation blue/Tan 73E Targa. Has RS plastic fuel tank and other cool features. It is complete with all Mfi stuff. When I found it in Hopkinsville KY of all places it was made up like an impact bumper car. Keep looking everybody, there still are treasures out there. This one was 70 miles from my house.

Hey Tom-I just sold the 240! What a cool car. I bought it from the original owner who also lived in my home town of Paducah, Ky. She was a German lady who picked the car up at the factory in the summer of 83 and used the car to tour Switzerland that summer. She used the car as a daily driver until a camshaft failure caused her to park it about 3 years ago. I showed her the car this spring and she wanted to buy it back. I agreed to sell it back to her, (she offered to leave it to me in her will). Unfortunately she was unable stay at home due to failing health and now resides in a nursing home.

I guess where this post is going, these old cars are just so much fun, and they really don't cost so much. (At least the ones I choose) I know there are a lot of guys out there that think the hobby has gotten beyond the means of most of us, but I don't necessarily agree with that entirely. Keep vigilant in the search. You never know what might pop up in Craigslist tomorrow. Thanks again everybody. Bill
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Bill:

Ever considered an antique bike? If so I can help!

+Boot since it's green.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Im afraid I already have that affliction...
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/IMG_4468.jpg
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Nah. That's window dressing.

Here is what you need. Some of the others didn't show up for the photo.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

MBZ 240D...Manual Transmission...

Hi Bill...Yes, I remember that car early this past spring...I was interested but you "PM'd" that it was sold to a "Broker"?...It looked like a nice car...Best Regards / Lars...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...highlight=240D
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Nah. That's window dressing.

Here is what you need. Some of the others didn't show up for the photo.

Tom
    Wow now that is a nice man shack are those all yours?

Jb