Thread: Anyone knows 11805417 ?

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Anyone knows 11805417 ?

Still looking for my 1968L to do an exact replica of H.Wetson ones. found this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Any comment/feedback welcome.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I dont know the car but it is showing its east coast heritage. the body is bondo riddled and very wavy.
    are you going to go bare metal, if so you may want to start with one with less make up. this one would have to be cheap enough to factor in an expensive chassis redo.
    I can imagine once blasted clean what this car may reveal.

may I ask who H.Wetson is or the car you intend to replicate? I googled the name and it produced nothing, kept insisting Watson???

okay edit: Nevermind, I used our very own search button and found your post seeking info on that car.

I'll keep my eyes open for a solid 68L, good luck!
    Last edited by EARLY911ZOO; 11-12-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Try Herb Wetanson, the hamburger king. Won Daytona in '69 with Jennings and Adomowicz in a 1968 911L Rally car (with some modifications!). That's probably what you are looking for.
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration
    911, 912, 911R, RS, RSR, IROC

I am familiar with that car. It was in my hometown and I tried to work a deal to acquire it from the shop where it sat outside for long time. There is a very interesting story on how the car got to the repair shop and why it was still there when I saw it. How the hell that car got from the shop (and no title) to a dealer in CT is beyond me. I would love to hear the story and contacted the seller to see if he would share. You can probably guess the answer to that question...

I have lots of photos of the car if you are interested. I sure hope you are good at metal work.
    Last edited by t6dpilot; 11-12-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thanks, I need a rather solid one. Your comments are scary. I forget about this one. Cheers
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by cscrogham View Post
    Try Herb Wetanson, the hamburger king. Won Daytona in '69 with Jennings and Adomowicz in a 1968 911L Rally car (with some modifications!). That's probably what you are looking for.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rmation-needed
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407