Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was sure I cancelled The Rally in The Valley!

I was sure I cancelled The Rally in The Valley!

I told you boys to watch your 6 and behave. These guys didn't and are walking now!

Tom

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs....=2012311110007

A perpetrator's car. One day old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sithot; 11-15-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Well this just reinforces my resolution to stay west of VA after I cross the Mason Dixon line. It always made me nervous having the Valentine on when I was down there, but not as nervous as running without it.....

In the future my visits to Staunton will have to be via 250 from the sparsely populated hills of WV.

It sounds like those guys were a little clueless, you just can't be rude or dangerous with passing maneuvers in this age of omnipresent cell phones. I noticed in another article that they pulled a u-turn in view of a police road block before they were finally stopped.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Somebody else put it pretty well: Entitled Idiots.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

So they don't just give you a ticket and say 'have a nice day'?
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

"the group was speeding, cutting other drivers off and passing over double yellow lines"

what did they do wrong.......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

That sounds like a typical Saturday morning Frenchtown drive to me.....w/o the police.
    JEFF BRINTON
    ESR #1572
    1968 911N
    1974 914 2.0L
    2023 Macan
    SOLD - 1967 911N / 1968 911L / 1967 911N / 1969 912 / 1991 964 C2 / 2013 991.1 / 2008 987 Cayman

Sounds like an afternoon drive for the R-Gruppe...
    Various Porsche's

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Not even Sheridan would get away with that down there.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    "the group was speeding, cutting other drivers off and passing over double yellow lines"

what did they do wrong.......
    The kind of sh!# that causes this: Photo Attached

http://www.rappnews.com/2012/11/15/m...ts-car/107739/

A Class 1 Misdemeanor Criminal Charge can land you in the hoosegow at the officers discretion.

Virginia

The Code of Virginia has over 20 sections pertaining to reckless driving. It is defined as a Class 1 misdemeanor criminal offense, not a traffic infraction or a speeding ticket. For example, Virginia code explicitly defines the act of speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (or at any speed greater than 80 mph) as reckless driving.
    All drivers convicted of reckless driving in Virginia, including out-of-state and foreign (e.g. Canadian) drivers, will have a permanent criminal record that will be indexed in the NCIC criminal database. The conviction will also be added to a Virginia driving record for 11 years, and six demerit points will be applied.[3]
    A person charged with reckless driving, if they show that their actions, while they do show insufficient care or failure to properly operate a vehicle, but are not truly serious enough to reach the level of reckless driving, may instead be convicted by the court of the lesser included offense of improper driving which is a much less serious offense, and is not a criminal conviction. This potential reduction in level of offense is only available at trial, as a law enforcement officer can only write a traffic ticket for reckless driving, they do not have the ability to write a ticket for improper driving.[4]
    Commonly applied statutes for reckless driving
    § 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule. – Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.
    § 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit. – A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
    § 46.2-868. Reckless driving; penalties. —
    A. Every person convicted of reckless driving under the provisions of this article shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    B. Every person convicted of reckless driving under the provisions of this article who, when he committed the offense, (i) was driving without a valid operator's license due to a suspension or revocation for a moving violation and, (ii) as the sole and proximate result of his reckless driving, caused the death of another, is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

After seeing this I think the bike collection may go up for sale. I'm a proficient rider but I have to share the road with assholes in cages (like this one).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 11-16-2012 at 04:31 AM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Cool

I could've gotten them off with a warning.

By the way, isn't that the third "one-of-a-kind" Black McLaren 12C?

(damn, I didn't mean for this to follow Tom's photo , I was referencing the original post)

"Actors spend their careers pretending to be other people, the rest of us spend our lives pretending to be ourselves."
    Last edited by Jens; 12-04-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183