Thread: FS: Solex Cross Bar and Linkages

FS: Solex Cross Bar and Linkages

So finally after a lot of R&D and time gone by, I have more Solex linkage parts to sell.

The cross bars are made out of a roller crimped single steel tube. The inside is welded up at the crimped area
    and then ground with a ball end mill to give the correct shape. All the steel used is the same guage as orginal
    and ball studs are the correct DIN part and swaged on as original. All cross bars and manifol pivots with come
    with a spare ball stud in case the piece ever needs repair.

There are several people who contacted me in prior posts who will get first priorty.

Here is a list:

Solex Cross bar - $275 shipped continental US ($250 unplated)
    Solex Linkages - $85 shipped continental US
    Manifold Linkage Pivot - $45 shipped continental US
    Cross Bar Spring bracket - $25 shipped continental US
    Cross Bar Rigid bracket - $55 shipped continental US
    Linkage Damper bracket - $25 shipped continental US

Original Cross bar and manifold pivot next to my reproductions(sorry, shot at an angle, they are the same size)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rcnagel; 12-06-2012 at 05:56 PM.

DynoDave

Solex Cross Bar and Linkages

Casey,

Thank you for the time and effort into duplicating these parts! They look very accurate and will help complete Solex carb setups going back onto early 911's that previously had their Solex carbs removed in favor of Webers "back in the day."

Dave
    Member # 351

I've currently sold out and working on a new batch of parts. I've added the damper or dash pot bracket to the mix. I will post more pictures as soon as possible of the complete kits.

I'm considering offering the cross bar un-plated since there seem to be two camps who think they were all clear cad to a point, maybe July of 65' and later and replacement bars are yellow cad. Other people want to re-plate them anyway to match their carbs.

Beautifull reproductions! Please put me down for 2 cross bars from the new batch.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Will do Chris. I have another Chris I've been talking to, not you??? Take a good look at all the brackets and connections, pivot at the maninfold, dashpot or damper bracket, cross bar brackets, and any other hardware you are missing. Send me photos of your carbs and I can help you with what you are missing. I'm not going to do this forever. Thanks for the interest.

Here are some of the cross bars I just shipped sold.
    I'm leaning towards selling the cross bars unplated. Your plater may not match mine and some people say ealry ones are all silver cad and then go to yellow cad. Some people say they are only silver or only yellow. My opinion from looking at cars from 301000 and older, they seem like clear/silver CAD. I'm also pretty certain from cars at the end of the Solex run there was yellow cad introduced and all NOS spares seem to be yellow CAD.

From top to bottom:
    -Unplated reproduction
    -Yellow Cad Reproduction
    -Clear/silver Cad Reproduction
    -Factory Orginal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Casey - they look awesome - great service to the community. Now that I've seen them, can I still get mine in silver/cad as discussed on pm's? Also waiting to confirm total price so I can Paypal you, Thanks, Bruce (luke-44)

I`ll send more info. & pictures of what I have later next week..Cliff