Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    what were your overall thoughts on the circuit?

I thought it was a fantastic circuit. I was at turn one on race day and there were lots of opportunities to pass there. I watched qualifying from 19/20 and there was a lot off action there as drivers entered 19 too hot and slid the cars.
    Vettel called it one of the top four venues!
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

Nice shots...really looks like a fantastic circuit for both the drivers and fans.

A friend of mine races spec miata and says he will be racing there in the spring...very cool!
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

Nice Alan... thanks
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

mad scientist
    It was a great weekend. Can't wait for some of the other big races of the year. Well, my wallet can easily wait.

Thursday morning I was able to do the pit walk. It was great to watch the frenzy in the garage to assemble the cars and get them ready. A few engines fired while we were watching. I wish my garage could work that fast.

the FIA safety car and battle wagon wait for assignment. The wagon sounded INCREDIBLE at speed.

Did anyone else notice the last minute change from a European market to a US market? I am referring to the McLaren's team sponsor of Vodaphone to Verizon. At least I had good coverage at the track. But it was too loud to do anything with the cell coverage.

Hot pit electronics. Lots of screens. Lots of data. Lots of money.

Empty Grandstands... Until tomorrow.

Teams and drivers were just starting their track walks. Several teams were on matching bicycles. Yes, they had just as much carbon fiber on two wheels as they did on four.

Hey, I qualified P1. Who am I kidding. I would not even fit in an F1 car.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

mad scientist
    I never made it to the track on Friday. Boss was in a pissy mood and scheduled some late afternoon meetings. Oh well. At least I got to enjoy a beer or few with the Gruppe. thanks to Stefan (GTS Classics orange shirt to the left) for organizing the dinner and gathering. If you were in town you should have come by. It was great to meet new friends and speak with the old ones.

Saturday afternoon we climbed the stands to watch the Cup race and the Vintage Gran Prix. This was the T12-T16 sequence. Very fun. I loved watching the vintage F1 cars slide through the kink in T15 and then tighten up to try to make T16.

Saturday night had a great conversation with a racing legend. yeah, That's the guy that kinda started it all for the 911 in the red coat. He had some great stories that were not in the book. It almost made hearing the book stories at dinner seem a little... repetitive. He was very cordial and signed a friends car.

On Race day we shared T1 with a few thousand of our friends.

Well, we only stayed at T1 for the start. Here is the eventual winner at apex. I did not get pictures of the start but did get video.

Here is T4-T6 from the bridge. It took a bit to get the shot under the banner before the local badge made me move along.

The other side of the bridge was T2-T3. There were several passes coming through T2. Yeah, Think about that. Downhill, off camber, foot down. Great racing.

Hope to see you all next year! If anyone comes in town for the MotoGP, V8 supercars, ALMS, Grand AM, etc. Let me know. Can easily show you around town or point you to the right direction.
    Last edited by jpnovak; 12-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.