Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 9 series retirement fund

The 9 series retirement fund

We do primarily 356's but do some 9 series stuff. Many a 356 guy I talk to says, "I wish I had held onto that 356..."

So we have slowly been putting 9 series cars in cold storage, not to be sold until we are old, a retirement fund of sorts. Time will tell if this outdoes a 401k.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Of course, I wish I could keep the yard full like this shot, that was a fun pic from the roof.
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Sweet .... kinda has the WY vibe to the pictures .

Quote Originally Posted by dporsche74 View Post
    Sweet .... kinda has the WY vibe to the pictures .
    Yes, but I've actually been able to buy things from Matt. And at a fair price, too.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Now the 356's, we move em in and move em out. Never been to the WY state.

Adam, Matt's the other Wright brother, who most of you probably know since he does all the 9 series stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    ...So we have slowly been putting 9 series cars in cold storage, not to be sold until we are old, a retirement fund of sorts. Time will tell if this outdoes a 401k.
    Probably a safe bet...if you have the storage space....

you can call your storage space free,, but its not 50 a month 600 a year, 10years = 6000. one car.
    Jeff H.
    72 911
    914-6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by JKH View Post
    you can call your storage space free,, but its not 50 a month 600 a year, 10years = 6000. one car.
    Well, the cars are in a 10,000 sq ft warehouse, two stories, and the top 5000 ft is used to warehouse 911 and 356 parts. We make lots of money selling parts, and the add'l 5000 we are able to keep at this warehouse means we are able to buy lots more parts and have more available in stock. Since the top floor is part of a money mill, that makes the lower floor as close to free as you can get. I'm going to call it free. -- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    We make lots of money selling parts, and the add'l 5000 we are able to keep at this warehouse means we are able to buy lots more parts and have more available in stock. Since the top floor is part of a money mill, that makes the lower floor as close to free as you can get. I'm going to call it free. -- Matt
    Matt it's brave that you are frank about the fact that you make lots of money selling parts.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Matt it's brave that you are frank about the fact that you make lots of money selling parts.

Richard
    Yet generous enough to give me a rare, early 911 fog light relay with wiring just for stopping by and saying hello while passing thru.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid