Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: original suitcases for a early swb 911

WTB: original suitcases for a early swb 911

I know this is probably one of the hardest items to find on a early Porsche. I have a car here with suitcases listed on the COA. I found a set of NOS condition cases and of course the seller wants the world for them, we are negotiating back and forth. Before I spend the money on these cases does anyone out there have original black suitcases for a SWB 911 that they would sell?? I am primarily looking for the smaller ones that sit on the rear seat backs and use the leather straps to hold them in place. If you have something then shoot me an email please.

I think these will be astronomically priced ,I would guess a few k.Since you have it on your cardex youre stuck. I ended up getting a set of vintage haartman luggage and never use it.post pics!!!!

Here is a set of Black leather luggage made for a early 911. I just put them in a 356A for the picture. These were made made by a company in NY (don't know the name, though). They are absolutely beautiful and cost a fortune to make! The owner of the luggage also had the leather straps, as well, but they are not pictured.

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

back in the day ... early 70's ... my father had a full set off luggage designed to fill the front "trunk"??? what the hell do you call that anyway?? My sister used it well into the 80's ... and pummeled the shiet out of it!! Probably got tossed it was so shagged .... I remember two normal suit cases and one pyramid type bag thing. Long shot, but I'll have to go dig around the attic and see if anything survived ...

there it is .... dad had two of the bottom suit cases but not the two box ones on top ...
    what is one of the bottom ones worth??

Quote Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
    back in the day ... early 70's ... my father had a full set off luggage designed to fill the front "trunk"??? what the hell do you call that anyway?? My sister used it well into the 80's ... and pummeled the shiet out of it!! Probably got tossed it was so shagged .... I remember two normal suit cases and one pyramid type bag thing. Long shot, but I'll have to go dig around the attic and see if anything survived ...
    We recently sold a piece of vinyl luggage for the trunk on EBAY. It was made by Skai Dur and was an accessory for late 356s and early 911s. It sold for an insane amount of money and was not in the best of condition.

Regards

Jim

Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Just for giggles a picture of an original 356A set in my 57 coupe

Hey guys, I did find the luggage I needed. Near NOS condition. I traded my left nut for them which kinda hurt. You can not say that I am a tire kicker!

No option code # on the COA but the accessories manual for 65 lists them by size of the suitcase.

Now if only I could find an excellent pair of rear Euro lenses for this same SWB car, anyone anyone??
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 02-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.

option codes in the Sept 1965 accessories brochure. Note the 644 part number. Original prices were $41.25 & 25.65, I paid more than this number. I remember working for Dieter Oest back in the 90s, he told me a story that happened in the mid 70s of ordering some 935 parts, they showed up in original suitcases used as shipping containers.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 02-07-2013 at 12:27 PM.